Chapter 1: Don't Go

Rayshawn's pov:

Sun rays are falling from the open window of my room on my bed. Even with eyes closed, I can tell it's past seven and I need to get up for our daily rehearsals. But I don't want to leave the comfort of my blankets and go to college. Then I remember that today is Saturday. Oh..I am the luckiest guy in the world.

Suddenly the smell of freshly made pancakes hit my nose and as if on cue my stomach grumbles. I realize that the smell is coming from the kitchen. But who could it be this early? Ahh I know, my one and only girlfriend who knows about my love for chocolate chip pancakes and would come to my house only to make them for me. God I love her so much.

Quickly, I fling the blankets and get out of my bed and head towards the kitchen with a big smile on my face. As I enter the kitchen, I see a girl with straight black hair and lean body standing 5'8, about 1/2' shorter than me. Her back is turned towards me. My expression immediately changes from a smile to a frown as soon as I realize who it was.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I ask disappointed.

She turns around. The flour on her forehead and hair clearly visible. I almost let out a half chuckle. "I know you are not a morning person but is this the way to greet your best friend?" She says energetically.

I can't believe her. How is she so enthusiastic in the morning? "How did you get in?" I ask her.

"Do you think I even had to make an effort, Ray? House keys under the welcome mat. Predictive are we?" A smirk is formed on her face.

"Right. Remind me to hide my keys somewhere else." She giggles and I lower my head and sit on the dining chair near the kitchen island.

She serves me a plate of pancakes and some coffee. "Only for you my love." I glare at her. "Aww, did I disappoint you? You must be expecting someone else." She says ruffling my hair.

She knows I don't like it. "Don't do that, Sharon." I snap. "And yes I was expecting Tracy not a brat who uses my kitchen to experiment her cooking."

"Rude. Prioritizing girlfriend over your childhood best friend?"

"Maybe."

"Wow. You met Tracy 1.5 years ago and we have been friends since when you couldn't even pronounce your name properly". She said frustrated.

She looked cute when she puffed her cheeks in slight anger but I will never admit it in front of her. "And your point is?" I say trying to trigger her.

"Just leave it. I am letting this go because I like Tracy very much."

I give her an impressed look and take a bite of the pancake she made. It feels heavenly and immediately melts in my mouth. She has become really good at it.

"You know I come here because my Mom never lets me cook. She thinks I'll probably burn down our house." Sharon says putting her head down on the kitchen island.

"She's not entirely wrong. Your neighbours did call the fire brigade on seeing smoke coming out of your house." I laugh.

"Hey! That was 3 years ago plus now I am a pro at cooking."

"If you say so."

"Does that mean that the pancakes aren't good?" She says making a sad face.

"No, they taste exceptional, surprisingly." I tease her. "But my point is that you can cook only a handful of few dishes."

"So what?"

"So is your future husband going to survive on pancakes for his entire life?"

"No. He must know how to cook. Duh?"