halloween

TIME LAPSE

Finally halloween break. I'm staying in hogwarts though my father said he wouldn't be able to spend time with me if I was home. He never spends time with me anyway.

Tom and I have spoken a lot more since he brought me to the room. We meet there every Wednesday at 9pm. We usually just talk to each or study together.

There's something about Tom. He makes me feel...safe in a way. And I keep thinking about that time where we almost kissed in the library. I wish it did happen. Maybe he didn't want it to happen though. I don't think he likes me like that anyway. But I am his only friend and he's my true friend I know I can trust him with anything.

Later that day I'm reading my book in the great hall. Hardly anyone is in it because everyone went home for the break, but also it's midday. 'L/n what are you reading?'

it was Tom. For some reason he never uses my first name. 'A book' not giving much detail like always.

'You could've been a bit more specific'.

'What do you want Tom' I know he's looking for something I can tell by his tone of voice.

'Want to come to the library with me?' He's lonely I can tell I know he says he's likes to be alone but I know he doesn't inside.

'Sure it's probably quieter there anyways.'

I was looking for a new book to read because the one I had was boring, but I didn't see any I liked. I wanted to go into the restricted section but I'm with Tom. It's only us in the library. 'Find anything you like yet? You've been looking for ages.' He sounded a bit annoyed that I was taking so long.

'No nothing yet.'

'Well do you want to go into the restricted section then?'

I spun around looking at him. 'And how do you suppose we do that exactly, it's locked.'

'I think you keep forgetting I'm a prefect and even if i wasn't in very good at spells' he said in a cocky way.

'Fine but if someone catches us you know we're both dead.'

He casted alohomora. The spell to unlock something. 'Be quiet by the way just incase someone comes in.' Seriously he's asking me to be quiet I always am but I nodded. I was looking through the Dark Magic section, and I lost my balance as I went to reach a book that was very high up that I couldn't reach. I didn't fall but made a loud sound.

Tom was quick to turn around and say 'I thought I said to be quiet' he whisper yelled.

'Sorry I lost my balance.' He came over and seen I wanted to get a book. He stretched his arm up and got it for me. I was looking into his dark brown eyes and he looked back into mine. We both started to lean in then our lips touched each others. After we kissed he looked at me 'Here's your book.' he was blushing a bit.

'Thank you.'

Back in my dorm I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss. I kissed Tom Riddle. Tom is different then other guys he makes me feel something that i've never felt before. Tom makes me feel safe.

Tom's pov

I kissed Y/n. And she kissed me back. She makes me feel something. She's different. Why do I like her? Maybe it's because she likes the same things I do. Or maybe it's because she gets me. Whatever it is she makes me feel different. I don't feel alone when I'm with her. Like I usually do when i'm with people.

Y/n pov
Halloween break is almost over everyone is starting to come back. I've been really busy studying for classes so I haven't seen much of Tom. I still think about that kiss though.

I was in the common room studying when a first year came up to me. 'Two Hufflepuffs want to see you outside.' I knew it was Stella and Ivy. They're the only Hufflepuffs I actually know. I went outside and I was right.

'Y/n how was your break?' Stella said smiling.

'It was fine how was yours?' I try to be nice to them when I can so I put on a fake smile.

'It was good but I'm happy to be back.' Ivy seemed a bit off she was very quiet and zoned out.

'Ivy are you ok?' I asked seeming concerned.

'Me and Jack broke up' Jack's Ivy's now ex boyfriend he's a Gryffindor. He's a bit taller then me, Dark blue eyes that remind of the ocean, and Blonde hair. Jack was very nice whenever I encountered him. But him and Ivy weren't really meant to be.

I came back into the common room and Tom was sitting where I was studying he seemed to be looking at my notes. 'Your notes are very messy how can you read this?' My handwriting is very messy I will admit.

'I can read them perfectly fine' I said sounding offended.

'You've been studying almost all of the break except for like 3 days can you not take a break?' 'Well I have nothing else to do do I.'

'You can spend time with me' he said quietly but I could just about hear him.

'Well what do you want to do?'

'We can go outside?'

'Sure let me get my things i'll meet you outside of the common room in 10 minutes.' Tom wants to spend more time with me maybe he missed me.

Me and Tom walked outside then sat below a tree. It was cold it's becoming winter soon snow will start falling. I love winter it's my favourite time of year. the snow, the cold winter breeze. 'You cold?' he asked.

'Only a bit but I like being cold.' He started to reach for my hand, he intertwined his fingers with mine. Tom Riddle was holding my hand. Holy shit!

He looked at me. 'We should go to diagon alley tomorrow' he said while looking at the lake. 'It's the last day of our break and you have been studying all break.' I have no clue if he was asking me out or not.

'Ok I want to get some more books anyway.' He looked at me. 'What is there something on my face?' I said teasing.

'No' he said and looked away in embarrassment.

'Aww is Thomas blushing.' Teasing Tom was very easy even though he hated it.

'Shut up L/n.'

A/n

yes I know this chapter is cringe buttt you kissed Tom. Also I have my caps off so if something doesn't start with a cap that's why. I still don't know if it's going to be a happy or sad ending yet but let me know what you guys want the ending to be like.

🖤