yule ball

TIME LAPSE

It was the night before the yule ball. I was very excited to go with Tom. I had picked out my dress. A black above the knee dress. I didn't like colours. I only liked very dark red like the colour of blood or black. Me and Tom had been hanging out a lot more he gave me a few more dance lessons no more romantic moments really. We hold hands all the time though.

That morning I heard a knock at my dorm room door. I looked like a mess but I didn't care it was probably just one of the girls saying to get up. I opened it while rubbing my eyes. It wasn't any girl it was my sister. Florence. Before I could say anything she came in and squealed she hugged me. I was still in shock. I closed the door and finally said something 'Florence what are you doing here I thought you dropped out.' Yes my sister is a drop out she said she was never coming back in the middle of last year. I guess that changed.

'Well I decided to come back because I missed you and wanted to see you.' she sounded very excited.

'Aww does this mean I have to share a room now.'

'Yes.'

'You came just in time for the yule ball it's tonight.'

'Ooo do you have a date?' she asked teasingly while she was unpacking.

'Yes a boy named Tom Riddle.' I said proudly.

She stopped unpacking and looked at me 'Did you say Tom Riddle?' she said it like she was scared.

'Yes?' I was confused.

'Y/n he's dangerous.'

Now I was really confused. Tom has been nothing only sweet to me I know he's into dark magic like me but my sister doesn't know I like dark magic. After she said that I just kept quiet and changed the conversation.

The yule ball was finally hear. Tom would be picking me up at any moment. Florence was wearing a dark blue dress with gems on it. It was long. A knock came to the door. I knew it was Tom. When I opened it it wasn't Tom. It was a boy who was in 7th year the same as Florence. He had Brown hair, a beard, was only a bit taller then me but Florence was very short so if it was for her he'd be very tall. And blue eyes.

'Sam!' she shouted. He hugged her and twirled her around. 'This is my sister Y/n'

'Hey I've seen you around.'

'Well obviously we're in the same house.' Florence shot me a look of death and narrowed her eyes.

Tom walked in. 'Tom you're finally please can we get away before my sister kills me.'

'Sister?' he said confused.

'I'll explain later.' I said quickly before my sister could say anything but of course she did.

'Hey Riddle if you hurt my sister your life won't be worth living.' she shouted as we walked away.

'Oh Merlin I'm so sorry about her.' I said in embarrassment. Even though it sounded like a threat.

'It's fine she thinks i'm dangerous I know but I'll tell you why later.' He still kept a lot from me but i'm fine with that.

We danced for what seemed like hours. But then I got very tired and it got really warm. I asked Tom if we could go outside for a bit because I felt a bit dizzy.

When we went outside. It was raining. It usually snows at this time of year but I guess not tonight. We walked down to the lake. I sat down and looked up into the sky. Tom lied down beside me. He reached out for my hand. His hand was cold. He got up and let go of my hand.

'Let's dance.' he said while getting up. He put out his hand then lifted me up. He twirled me around in the rain. We were dancing in the rain. Then we started to sway. He looked down to me because he was so tall. His curls at the end of his hair really curly because it's wet. His eyes still shimmering in the moonlight. He pulled me closer. He kissed my forehead. 'I love you.' he said quietly as we were swaying in the rain. I rest my head on his shoulder.

'I love you too.' I said back. I started to close my eyes while still swaying. I was falling asleep.

Toms pov

She started to fall asleep on my shoulder. I lifted her up. And brought her back to my room. I don't share a dorm with anyone as I asked professor dippet for a room alone for privacy. I put her down on the bed gently. I put a blanket over her. I wiped her wet hair out of her face. Just as I was about to go over or the couch she grabbed my wrist, half asleep she whispered 'stay.' So I went and lied beside her. and fell asleep.

Y/n pov

I woke up the next morning not in my bed. Not even my dorm room. I looked beside and there was Tom fast asleep. He had put a blanket over me while I was asleep. I know it's a bit creepy but I watched him sleep for a bit. He woke up.

'Good morning.' he said while yawning.

'Morning.' I smiled when I said it.

'Can I talk to you about something later? Not now I don't want to ruin this moment.' he sounded serious. I nodded. He kissed me. 'I'd like to bring you out on a date.' I was shocked. Tom riddle just asked me out.

'Well i'd love to go out on a date with you.' I smiled and he smiled. We lied in bed talking for an hour. Then we got up. I was still in my dress. It was wet from the rain. I looked in the mirror and all my makeup is everywhere my mascara has run down my face from the rain. I knew I should've put waterproof mascara on. I washed off all my makeup. And had a shower. Tom gave me some of his clothes, since my dress was wet. They were way to big for me.

For the rest of the day me and Tom sat beside the fire in the common room. Yes I was still in his clothes and people gave me looks.

'Can I talk to you about something the thing I said earlier can we talk about it now?'

'Yes of course.'

'The reason your sister thinks i'm dangerous is because I like dark magic. I found how to be immortal. I had a plan before I met you to become immortal. But that's not who I am anymore since i've met you, yes I still like dark magic. But I don't want to harm anyone know. You changed me.' he meant it I could tell by the tone of his voice.

'Thank you for telling me about this Tom. I told my sister that you're not dangerous and would never think about hurting me. It will take her awhile for her to like you but she will eventually. If you don't have any plans for Christmas you can spend it with me my sister and father?'

'Well I don't actually, I'm a orphan. Both my parents are dead.' he looked into the fire. Tom has never spoken about his family. Now I know why. He seemed angry though like he was hiding other information I wasn't going to push him about it.

'Oh I'm sorry, you can spend Christmas with me, I'm sure my father won't mind.' he smiled.

'Thank you.'

Tom was hurt I could tell. He's hiding something about his parents from me but i'll let him take his time to tell me.

A/n

This is very cringe I know. I made this chapter extra long. I think this story might have a happy and sad ending I'm not sure yet. I hope whoever read this enjoyed. And yes Y/n has a sister called Florence. I can't remember if I said she was a only child at the start or not. But oh well.

🖤