five. sicily likes britney spears!

SISSY WAS NOT a morning person, that's one thing everyone can be sure of, which was why seeing Sissy Gilmore, of all people, pouring coffee and taking orders at Luke's before school was incredibly shocking. She pulled on the hem of her skirt, tapping her foot. "Hurry up, Kirk, I haven't got all day," she huffed, putting her pen behind her ear. "How do they make the eggs?" He asked, making her roll we eyes. "The same way they always have, Kirk," she sighed, the bell at the door ringing. Lorelai and Rory walked in, talking their usual mile a minute. "How about this, Kirk, I'll get you scrambled eggs and toast and you'll eat them," she suggested, a fake smile plastered on her face. "That sounds good," he nodded, passing her the menu. As soon as she turned around, she let out a massive groan, rubbing her head.

       "Hey, Sissy!" She slumped in the chair next to Rory, frowning. "I found a CD under the front seat of our car. Did you lose one?" Sissy shook her head, raising her eyebrows. "No, I don't think so." The two turned to Lorelai, who flinched slightly. "Not that I know of, but I'm kind of sloppy with them," she shrugged, avoiding Rory's eye. "So, you didn't hide it?"

"Why would I hide a CD?" Sissy scrunched her nose, her head pounding. "I don't know. Bay City Rollers?"

       "It's not a Bay City Rollers CD."

       "How do you know?"

       "Because I know what's not hidden under that seat."

       "Ha! Because you know that Barry Manilow is under that seat!" Sissy covered her mouth, giggles spilling out. "Barry Manilow? Seriously?" She laughed, earning a frown from Lorelai. "Where's Barry Manilow?" She turns to Luke, who looked slightly concerned. "Under Mom's seat!" Rory teased. Lorelai sighed, giving up. "All right, I confess, I was hiding Barry Manilow!" She exasperated, Rory smiling victoriously. "But he was very big when I was very small and it's the live version where he does a medley of all the commercial jingles he's written," she defended. Sissy checked her watch, rubbing her temples. It's way too early to be up, she thought, running her hand through her hair.

       "Don't worry. Everyone's allowed a guilty pleasure now and again," Rory beamed, giving Sissy a sly smile. "Don't you dare," she shook her head, her eyes wide. "Hm, very diplomatic from the girl who had the Bryan Adams poster above her bed for two years," Lorelai teased. "Fink," Rory muttered, looking at Sissy mischievously. "Sicily likes Britney Spears!" She yelled, Sissy slapping her hand over her mouth. "Sissy!" Lorelai jokingly gasped, dramatically raising her hand to her head. "Is this true?"

"I mean, she's pretty and kinda cool," she mumbled, nudging Rory. "Oops, I did it again," Rory sang, making Sissy roll her eyes. "I've gotta get back to work," She groaned, sticking her tongue out at the two. "Hit me baby one more time!" She shook her head, grabbing the notepad off the counter. "So." She nearly jumped, turning around to face none other than Jess Mariano. "Jesus!" She muttered, rubbing her head. "So, Britney Spears?" She rolled her eyes, walking past him. "So are you going to start doing the dances or should I?" He asked, following her. "Could you just shut up?" She exclaimed, rubbing her heavy eyelids. "It's too early for this shit."

       "You are so easy to bother," He laughed, making her turn beet red. "Am not!" She defended, her voice rising. "You just proved my point," he mocked, repeating what she said just days before. "You're such an ass," she scoffed, checking her watch. "Shit," she mumbled, grabbing her backpack off one of the stools by the counter. "Luke, I have to go to school!" She yelled, sighing. "Bye, Sicily," Jess teased, waving. She shook her head, throwing her backpack on her shoulders. "Goodbye, Jess," she fake smiled, raising her middle finger.

ೃ࿐

Dean Forrester was beyond mad. The news of Jess Mariano's arrival to Stars Hallow was the talk of the small town; he was anything but expected, and Dean didn't like that one bit. Jess seemed to like Rory a little too much for his taste, and he was anything but jealous! He wasn't jealous of that asshole, no, he was just looking out for Rory ( maybe ). "I just can't believe that he thinks he has a shot with Rory," he complained to Kyle, rubbing his head. "We'll what do you want me to do about it?" Kyle protested, tired of his incessant whining. "I don't know! Keep that ass away from Rory, do something!" he exclaimed, storming off angrily.

       Kyle was, if anything, loyal. Anyone who knew him knew if you had him, you had him, and he'd do anything to stay, and with Dean giving him the empty plea, he knew he had to do something. He turned to face an angry Jess Mariano, leaning against his locker ( or, at least, he thinks he was angry — with Jess, he always looked some form of angry at the world ). Kyle bit his lip, unsure of what to do. Suddenly it hit him: get Jess with someone else.

"Hey, Jess," He said, immediately stepping back. Jess didn't say a word, or really look at him, for that matter — he just slightly tilted his head, which Kyle was going to take as a "hey" back. "So, um, I have a, uh," He stammered, trying to figure out how to word it. "Get to the point," he appealed, annoyed. "I have, uh, a dare for you! Yeah, a dare," he exclaimed. "Yeah, no thanks," Jess leered, walking away. "Then I guess you're too much of a wimp to get Sicily Gilmore to fall in love with you then, huh!"

Jess turned around almost instantly, walking towards Kyle. "You're daring me to make Sicily fall in love with me?" He queried, walking towards Kyle. "Its nearly impossible, but if you're so sure you—"

"Fine, you're on." His jaw dropped, unsure of what to say. "Um, okay! Okay!" Kyle clapped his hands, which made Jess roll his eyes. "Great," he muttered, turning to walk away. "Good luck, you'll need it."

authors note: way shorter than the last chapter but we're officially off!! BY THE WAY i was in no way trying to hate on britney spears, i love her!