24- ℜ𝔢𝔲𝔫𝔦𝔬𝔫

Recap
"Dont speak to your cousin that way or any of them for that matter", Flavio yells loudly.

My face distorts into one of shock but I quickly mask it with a blank face.

cousins

they most likely already hate me based on their reaction to everything I've already done so far.
------------------------------------------------------------
♚Scarlette♚

The air in the room grew cold and I could feel their judgemental stares coming from all directions. I was at the head of the table while the rest were sitting on each side with Flavio at the other head of the table staring down on me, it felt like they were ganging up on me. I'm not gonna lie it kinda hurt.

Although it makes sense I just fully came into their life while their cousins have been their for them.

It makes me feel out of place like I dont belong in a family. Even though I did just arrive 2 weeks ago... I didn't expect us to be close yet but I thought we were at least getting somewhere. This is what I get for opening up. I'll make sure my brothers don't find out anything else about me for their sake and mine.

I knew the look in their eyes I could recognize it anywhere they didn't trust me. I wouldn't trust me either but it's not like I would ever betray them.

I turned my attention back to the people that shared the same blood as me my eyes like a raging storm reflecting onto them.

"I don't know how you expected me to know they were my cousins, considering the fact that you took me away from any real family relations at the meer age of 5"I said.

I saw them tense after I had said this and I could've sworn I saw a look of sympathy from one of my cousins eyes who I have yet to know the name of.

"I thought we already established this Scarlette", Flavio said with a scowl on his face.

The rest of them watched are exchange not daring to speak up.

We glare at each other, neither of us willing to look away.

"oh, but did we really establish this?", I said with my eyes still on his.

I've been thinking of this for a while now so it was about time I ask anyways.

"Why was it that while I was 5 and Luca was 6, which is only one year older than me by the way. you say you did it to protect me but what about Luca?", I said getting to the point.

They tense up some more but the thing is I haven't even gotten to the point yet so I wonder how they will react when I'm finished with them.

"Scarlette, enough", Chris said raising his voice slightly.

I ignored him and carried on.

"Why was it that I needed protection while Luca got to stay with the family mafia and train and learn self defense", I said tilting my head to the side.

Although in the end I ended up with better self defense especially since I had to live with monsters.

"well based on that sword we saw you throw earlier you've already learned some sort of defense...", Jace muttered loud enough for us to hear. He looked like he was deep into thought I could tell Jace was the brother who actually knew how to think and use his brain.

"w-wait she knows about the mafia?!", one of my cousins say with widened.

Why ask stupid questions like that when you basically already have an answer.