chapter 28- Lots To Do

I skipped Spencie's birthday and christmas and shit, but let's just say they had fun and went to visit family lol.

On top of all the cases we work, Spencer and I also have a wedding to plan. We've been engaged for four months, and we haven't an idea of how this wedding is going to go.
"You have to plan it at some point, Y/n."
"JJ, I know. We've just been busy."
"Busy? That's your excuse?"
"I don't know. I just have no clue how to plan a f*cking wedding."
"Can I help?" she asks.
"You'd do that for us?"
"Um yeah, you're two of my favorite people in the world."
I wrap my arms around her. "Thank you."
JJ helps me make a list of everything we need. My phone rings, it's my work phone. "Agent Y/l/n," I answer, stepping away from JJ.
I come back to JJ's living room a few moments later. "We're headed to Texas."
"How bad?"
I explain to her the case we've just been asked to take over. She calls Hotch, and Hotch calls the rest of the team.
I borrow a blazer from JJ in attempt to make my outfit look a little more work appropriate. I'm wearing an olive green top tucked into black jeans, and my white sneakers. My blonde hair is down and straightened.
JJ gets ready in a burgundy blouse, gray dress pants, and black heels. Her blonde hair is tied into a ponytail. She grabs her keys and purse, and I do the same. We head to the BAU in her car, knowing that we will be leaving today so there's no point in taking both of ours. Luckily, my go bag is packed and ready to be needed in my office.
The cops are sending me more information on the case through email, and their informing Garcia things she needs as well.
We arrive at the BAU just before everyone else. They pile in quickly, meeting us in the briefing room where we already have things to present. I forward the files to everyone while JJ prepares the screen.
"Heidi Jacques, Brooke Dawson, and Nia Pickett were found dead, all two days after going missing," JJ says, showing the pictures on the screen.
"They were all within a few miles of each other, and all killed the same way, strangulation. Reports say they found bite marks and scratches on the bodies, but they're doing more tests as well."
"Each of the victims are of different ethnicities, social classes, and living styles. But they all are around the same age, victim one is 24, two is 24 as well, and three is 26," Garcia explains.
"You hardly see unsubs killing all different types of victims," Derek remarks.
After we all talk about the case for a few minutes, Hotch says "Wheels up in 30."
We all go to grab our bags, except JJ who is going to stay with Garcia on this case. I pour myself and Spencer a cup of coffee, being sure to add extra sugar in his. I hand it to him at his desk. He smiles, "Thanks, baby."
I nod my head, and it's time to board the jet shortly after. I sit beside Spencer, across from Morgan and Emily. The flight to Texas should take a little over three hours.
We talk more about the case. Garcia speaks to us from Morgan's phone about the victims.
"I want Reid and Y/l/n on victimology, try to tie these girls together. Prentiss and Morgan, go to the latest crime scene. Rossi and I will stay and talk to the police for now and work on the geological profile."
     We all nod our heads, giving Hotch "yes sir"s.
     Spencer drives us to Heidi's house to see what we can find. We don't see much. Her apartment is small. She decorated in simple colors, family pictures showcasing how much they all look a like, dark hair, brown skin, dark eyes... Her bedroom is small too, and mostly bare except a few posters of a band I've never heard of.
     We head to the Dawson's place, Brooke had been living at home with her parents. Her parents are wealthy, white people who paid for her to go to Baylor.
     "I'm so sorry about your daughter," I say.
     We look around the house for a while.
     Nothing in Nia's apartment seems to stick out either. Except one thing.
     "Only one thing seems to tie the victims together," Spencer says.
     "And what's that?"
     "A band," I say. "All three of them had a poster of this band."  I show them the picture I took of the poster in Nia's apartment.
     "I'll have Garcia look into it," Morgan says.
     Garcia calls moments later. "Hey babygirl," Morgan answers.
     "The band is currently on tour, four shows in Texas are scheduled. Dallas, January 15. Houston, January 20th. El Paso, January 24th. And Georgetown January 30th."
     It's January 20th tomorrow.
     "So whoever killed these girls finds them at a concert," I say.
     "Most likely, yeah."
     "Should we try and get the concert tomorrow canceled?" JJ asks from the phone.

     We all have our stations at the concert. We left for Houston early this morning. I stand guard with my gun ready to be used if needed. We all have our FBI vests on. We have men outside of the building. Detectives are on guard back in Dallas just in case our unsub stayed there instead.

    On the flight back to Virginia, I can't sleep. The unsub had tried to grab another women outside of the concert, and was knots successful in killing her. People disgust me, I swear.
     We all get some paperwork done before heading home. I crawl into bed next to Spencer, he pulls me against his chest. I hear him fall asleep, but it takes me longer.

     "Can I take you wedding dress shopping?" JJ asks.
     "Yeah. I think my mom wants me to fly her out so she can come too."
We're sitting on her couch with Spencer whose on the phone with Rossi. Rossi insists on paying for the venue, even though I keep telling him I won't let him do that. We think we have a place picked out outside of Washing DC, it's an outdoor venue. It's nice and can fit just the right amount of people.
Spencer and I don't want a huge ceremony, but we want all the people we care about to be there.
"I can't wait to see you in whatever dress you pick out."
I blush, smiling at him. I tap the pen on the notebook I'm holding. JJ made a list of questions I need to answer for planning, and I'm writing down the answers.
How many guests?
about 50.
Colors?
Blue and silver.

Spencer and I both like those colors, and they seem simple enough.

Decorations?
uhh

We keep that at "uhh" for now.

Food?
Nothing too fancy, maybe catering?
Drinks?
Water, fruit drink of some sort, alcohol.
Bridesmaids?
JJ, Emma, Penelope, Emily
Groomsmen?
Morgan, Hotch, Elijah, Luke.

"You really want my brothers to be your groomsmen?"
"Yeah, they're our family." He said our.

Flower girl?
Zoey.
Ring bearer?
Henry.

I try to answer all of JJ's questions in the notebook. I take it home. We can plan the rest of this wedding later.

idk how i like this. 1232 words