chapter 3: "i'll learn how to play the harmonica"

❧    ❦    ❧

After Diana disappeared, the guys just decided to try and trust that she'd come back later, so instead, they distracted themselves with trying to write Julie's song. After Julie came in and didn't really give them a straight answer in terms of whether or not she was gonna join the band, Luke and Reggie decided to keep writing the song.

"Wait so... When she says 'deep dish,' is she talking about, like, pizza, or..." Reggie was then interrupted by Alex poofing onto the piano in between him and Luke. "Hey man, where've you been?"

"Um, kind of everywhere. Yeah. Now, I met a new ghost friend." Alex seemed a lot calmer than when he had left the studio. "Also, speaking of ghost friend, where's Diana?"

Reggie sighed, and shrugged, "We don't know. She's been gone for a couple of hours now. She just kinda went poof without telling us."

Alex furrowed his eyebrows, "Huh... well that's concerning."

Then, with a thump, the guys see Diana's body appear and fall to their feet. Diana groaned and grasped her head.

"Crash landings aren't fun." The guys were stunned at the sight of her. Once her vision stabilized, she looked at them, "Um, my head's kinda swimming, so I don't know if I can get up on my own–"

Luke and Reggie were broken from their trance and both grasped one of her arms to help her up, and stabilize her.

Reggie asked, "Where've you been? You were on the couch lying down and then next minute, you were gone for hours."

Diana tried to think, "I... I don't know. I can't remember. The last thing I remember is dozing off listening to you guys play."

Before Alex could question her about that, Luke asked, "Woah, what happened to your head? Your bandage's gone and you don't have a scar or even a scab."

Diana brought her fingers up to feel where she once hit her head, and there wasn't anything there besides her flesh. "I don't remember either."

It really frustrated her that she couldn't even answer these basic questions. It was embarrassing. On top of having amnesia, she couldn't even remember that she was gone for hours? She just sighed and tried to take the attention off of her, "So, what were you guys talking about?"

"I met a new ghost!" Alex exclaimed happily.

Diana was stunned, "For real?"

"Yeah, he answered a ton of questions."

"Yeah? Like whether Julie was gonna join the band or not?" Luke pulled part of the notebook out from under Alex frustratedly.

Alex was extremely confused as to why Luke was so snappy. He's doesn't usually snap at them like that. "Um... Well, we didn't... We didn't really get to that, but I think I know why we're here. Okay, all ghosts have, like, unfinished business. So, we need to do our unfinished business so that we can cross over.