Prologue

"Do you understand the responsibility that this task entails?"

I rolled my eyes. It was the seventeenth time that my mother repeated that sentence only that afternoon, if my calculations didn't fail me.

"I see," I said, absently running my wand through my nails and watching them change color. "it's a matter of international security, witch, etc., etc. I got it. And I can do that without any problems."

The British Ministry official pursed his lips in a thin line, as if he didn't think it was all a good idea, but he knew he had no choice but to accept my help.
"Okay, I'll order your transfer from Castelobruxo to Hogwarts today." He took a piece of parchment and wrote something with a red quill. He turned to my mother and said: "You know, it is not very common for students to change schools in the penultimate year, so the attention will be on your daughter and ..."

"I am here, Sir," I leaned over the table towards the man, who opened his dark green eyes in surprise; it was certainly not common for him to have sixteen-year-old girls interrupt him "you know, and I'm sure the UK Ministry of Magic would not assign a witch to this who was unable to understand a conversation."

He swallowed hard, clearly intimidated. I sat down again with a falsely sweet smile.
That was why they had chosen me, not just any little English girl. They had to send an employee across the ocean to Brazil so that I could fulfill that mission inside their school, to help solve their problem.

"Sure, sure, sorry, Miss. Grant" stammered the wizard with flushed cheeks, taking a thin folder from his bag. "Here is the information you will need. The ... er ... necessary equipment will be ... Brought by a specialized agent soon."

I squeezed the folder and gave the employee a smug smile, who hurried even faster to put away his paperwork.
The little man came out in complete silence from me and my mother; the only noise you could hear was that of his polished shoes hitting the floor, propelling his body forward in steps too wide for his short legs.
I turned to the swivel chair slowly to face my mother behind me.
She was smiling.
"You can do it, can't you?"

I raised my eyebrows. That question was an insult to my abilities. She laughed.

I left the dining room drawing circles in the air with my wand, but without casting any spells. I went into my room and opened the folder to analyze my target's image.
Unlike normal wizard pictures, this one was static and looked like it was taken on one of those instant cameras that muggles love so much. I quickly recognized the intricate black design on the pale forearm. The area around it was red, like a newly made tattoo. I examined the rest of the photograph. His short hair, almost white, was so blond. The smug expression and the crooked smile, but he couldn't completely hide the fear in his gray eyes. I smiled to myself.

"Stay calm, Mom." I ran my fingers over the black skull printed on the boy's skin. "It will be like taking candy from a child."

AN:

Heeeey..
My name is Leticia and that's my first published fanfic here, hope u all like!!!
English isn't my main language so any mistake please report in the comments so I can change.

.