01

"Olivia Grant, you are VERY late!"  My mother screamed, and I shaked as I tried to apply the eyeliner.

"Damn," I murmured, soaking a cotton swab in make-up remover to fix the blot.  I finished the line quickly, threw the eyelash mask into the heavy backpack and grabbed Twiggy's cage, who hooted quietly.  "I'm going, mom!"

I went downstairs and saw that my mother was not alone. A beautiful woman with black hair that bordered the blue looked at me severely.
"Hello, Miss. Grant. I am Clarissa Manteuff and I came to give you the final instructions for your mission."
I nodded, without understanding right what was still lacking. I had been rigorously trained in the Brazilian Aurors Department in Rio de Janeiro for more than two months. This added to my experience gained with my parents and my excellent notes in the OWLs would be enough, I imagined it.

"We chose to give you this last-minute artifact to avoid problems, because it is a very powerful magical item and therefore inappropriate to be used outside a community witch only." She took off the wand from the robes, along with a small brown box. She touched the container lightly with the tip of the wand and he opened, revealing a silver bracelet that gleamed against the black velvet lining. "It's a bracelet ...Unusual," Clarissa explained, a little against the reluctance. "I would never trust something so powerful to such a young girl, but ..."

"What is it available on my mission?" I cut off, impatient. I did not want to lose the express and she was going to make me late.

"You must touch your target's skin with this bracelet."

I arched the eyebrows.
Too easy, it could not be all this.

"But..."

  "This," she pointed to the central stone of the artifact "is the diamond left from the Rowena Ravenclaw diadem. Thirteen perfect diamonds were chosen for the jewel of the founder of Hogwarts, but only twelve were used. The latter was discarded because ... "
The woman hesitated.

"Why ...?" my mother wanted to end that conversation as soon as possible.

"This diamond is very ... temperamental" she said. "Rowena refused to include him in the diadem for fear he made the emotions disrupt his intelligence. So you should touch the marked skin of the target with it, but there is necessary that there is an emotion in his body by the bearer of the bracelet so that the magic works."

"I understood this part, " I said. "My mission is to seduce the boy to get his black mark, after all."

His expression said she wanted to say something else, but gave up. Carefully, she buttoned the jewel on my left wrist. The stone quickly assumed a red blood tone and then returned to normal. "Well, I do not want to be late. Any problem send me an owl."

I thanked she with a nod, but a question appeared in my mind. "Clarissa!" The woman turned to hear her name, already far. "I just do not understand one thing."

  "Say." She approached again.

"Why do you want to take the black mark specifically from him?"

Her face petrified. Certainly she did not know if she could reveal that information, but finally she decided to do it. "A seer, Joanne Rowling, sent us a letter." Pause. "I know it may seem stupid to base such a dangerous mission in a witch's prediction, but all she saw until today fulfilled, then the ministry trusts her enough. Well, the case is that Mrs. Rowling saw that by the mark of this boy would begin the war. So we need to get his mark."

The explanation was absolutely ridiculous. Highlight a girl on the other side of the world to fulfill a guessing-based mission? If the media knew this, the British ministry would be a joke. But I preferred not to say anything. I had something to fulfill. A world to avoid destroying. And above all, a kid to seduce.