[Chapter 12] Reunited, at last.

"Because I love you, Killua."

Killua's POV

I felt my face instantly heat up, and I stood there, still not moving. Gon was looking at me, and our eyes locked together. He smiled up a me, a faint sense of longing in his eyes, before he turned around, his back now facing me.

"Let's get going now okay? Alluka is probably still waiting for us, and Kurapika and Leorio probably are, too!"

Gon grabbed my hand and without turning back, and started walking, retracing our steps.

I followed him silently, a million thoughts going through my head. I didn't care about Ochaco or that stupid homeless old man they call a teacher, or about anyone else at this point. Gon. Gon came back for me, and Kurapika and Leorio were here too. Alluka. She said she missed me, loved me -

I felt myself start to tear up again.

God, you're pathetic aren't you. I wiped my tears. But even so, they all came back for me. They don't care if I leave them, they'll always come to find me. Knowing Gon though, he probably didn't mean anything by his 'Love you.' Probably just as friends, right? Um.. Right. I'll ask him about it another time.

The walk back to where everyone was staying was silent. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence or an awkward silence, but more more of a peaceful silence. It was late now, maybe around 5 or 6 at night? The atmosphere around us was beautiful. The city was lit up yet silent, and all you could hear was the distant sound of crickets, and the sound of water. Was there a pond or lake near here?

Our hands were still intertwined when we reached Gon's doorstep, and he gently knocked on the door twice, careful not to break the fragile air we created. I loved every second of it.

I saw a familiar spiky black haired man open the door, a huge smile spread across his face. "Gon! Killua! You guys are just in time for dinner! Alluka and Kurapika are waiting at the table already," Leorio proceeded to smack me on the back, laughing. "And it's great to see you again, man!" He was so energetic, it made me jealous sometimes. 

"Yeah yeah old man, same to you, I guess." I mumbled the last part, and I saw Gon look away and chuckle. 

As we made our way inside, our hands finally parted. Gon subconsciously walked inside what I would guess is the dining room, a huge smile on his face. "Hey guys, guess who's back!" I heard Gon yell, then proceeding to hear loud laughter and a few giggles. My nerves were stacking on top of each other, clearly I was concerned to go inside. They'll hate me right? But - no. If they hated me, they wouldn't have come here, so they don't. I think. 

Shaking my head in an attempt to get rid of my nerves, I silently took a step inside hoping to sit down at the table unnoticed. As soon as I stepped inside the dining room, I immediately realized all eyes were on me. Kurapika smiled and closed his eyes, before running up to tackle me. I gasped, but didn't push him away. I haven't been hugged very much this year, only from Ochaco, but still those were pretty damn rare.

Kurapika finally let me go, only to dig his fingers into my shoulders, causing me to squeak slightly with wide eyes. "You absolute prick! You ran away before dinner," He rolled his eyes and I saw my other three comrades duck away and snort, "Seriously Killua! You couldn't wait until after dinner to have one of your teenage mental breakdowns!? God. Anyways!" He clapped his hands together, removing them from my shoulders. My eyes were wide, and I was blinking  to many times to count. I gaped at him, oh how he'd changed - Looking him up and down, I realized his looks really didn't change at all. He's supposed to be 21 now, damn.

Kurapika finally smiled at me and motioned for me to sit down.

He's to much like a mother to say no. I know well enough that I'll probably be 'grounded' if I say no..

Kurapika was wearing a simple white dress shirt, and black trousers. He wasn't wearing a tie or anything - nope! Just a simple dress shirt, his sleeves rolled up. He still had his Nen chains however, which I thought was pretty cool. They were original after all.

Looking up to Leorio, I realized he looked exactly the same. Not a single change! He was still wearing that revolting navy blue suit, his suitcase resting near the door, along with everyone's shoes. He's still wearing those cheap ass glasses, hm?

Swerving my head to take  good look at Alluka, I saw he smiling and giggling like normal. Her hair was long and as beautiful as ever, and her smile was unwavering and bright. She was still wearing the school uniform, and it looked great on her. She turned to me and grinned.

"Big brother guess what? Kurapika learned to cut hair because well - he needed to do his own," Kurapika looked away, clearly embarrassed. "So he said that he could cut Alluka's hair short for her! And he did! Do you wanna see, big brother?" She looked so excited, her eyes practically sparkling.

I smiled softly at her before replying, "Absolutely." 

Everyone stared at me, unblinking and gaping. Gon looked at me straight in the eyes and said, "What happened?" He chuckled and looked away. "You used to always snap back, Killua. I mean,  understand how you love Alluka because she's your sister and all, but really! You changed so much! I don't - "

"Gon, you're rambling." Kurapika spun around and brought dinner to the table. It was sushi.

Gon sighed and sat down, along with everyone else. Alluka giggled and said, "I can show you after dinner then, big brother!" 

I looked around to see my friends all dig into their food, laughing and having conversations. My hands started to shake. I missed them so much, it's been to long. They don't care that I didn't try to get back to our world. Taking a deep breath, I announced -

"So what do you guys think about staying at my place?"

For the first time in a while, I grinned and started to join the conversation.

________________________________________

This isn't good, no, this isn't good at all. 

He bit his nails, my anxiety coursing through him.

We could've added him to our team, that would have made our team strong enough, wouldn't it? Stupid hero's. Assholes.

Something slammed down on the bar table, causing Shigaraki to jump. He turned around and glared at the culprit. 

"Oh don't look at me like that Shigaraki. I'm sure we'll find him soon enough. His name was Killua, right?" Kurogi handed him a hot chocolate, motioning for Shigaraki to take it. "Shut it," Shigaraki growled out. "The brat has been deemed missing for a year. And he was so powerful too.." A crack was heard when Shigaraki's nail broke. 

The bar entrance door opened slightly, and a girl with blond buns poked her head through, her smile growing as soon as she saw the two. 

"Oh don't go looking like that!" She giggled, practically skipping in and shutting the door behind her with a slam. Turning around, now facing the two, the grin on her face only grew.

"I found him."

________________________________________

1235 words.