Chapter 4

The gang followed the jack-o-lantern through the secret exit which had brought them back outside in the graveyard. 

"Woohoo! That was awesome!" Brock cheered, coming out with the others. 

"Totally cool!" Scrappy added. 

"You better watch it" The Jack-O-Lantern advised the gang. "The last thing you want tonight are those good-for-nothing goblins coming after you" 

"Thanks for helping us back there, Mr., uh... What's your name?" Teeders asked the living jack-o-lantern. 

"Just call me Jack" The pumpkin replied. 

"Nice to meet you, Jack!" Ann smiled at the talking pumpkin. 

"Yeah, and if you don't mind me asking..." Cynthia started at Jack, being a tad suspicious. "How are you alive?"

"It's kind of hard to explain..." Jack said, before opening his mouth to show the gang a candle flame burning brightly inside of him. 

"Whoa..." The kids awed. 

"That's some candle you got there" David commented to the living jack-o-lantern. 

"I gotta give you guys props" Jack soon told the gang. "The Goblin King's castle? What a riot! You guys are whacked! I love it!" He laughed, making Shaggy, Scooby, Scrappy, and the kids smile at him.

"Thanks, but... we're not joking" Kali explained to the jack-o-lantern. "We really do need to get to the Goblin King's castle in order to get his scepter and save Halloween" 

"Or else our realm will be destroyed and everyone will be turned into terrible monsters!" Scrappy added. 

"So, like, will you help us?" Shaggy asked Jack hopefully. 

"Look, you guys crack me up" Jack admitted. "But I can't hang with you. I got my own deadline tonight. See my candle?"

Jack then opened his mouth, showing the gang his candle again which burned brightly. 

"That's how long I got to get my Halloween on. Once it burns out, I'm burned out. You know what I'm saying?" Jack explained. 

The kids, Scooby, Scrappy, and Shaggy all frowned until suddenly, they heard a horse neighing and turned around to see out in the distance a scary looking horse on top of a hill with a man riding it. But as the gang got a closer look at the man, he had no head! The kids yelped, as well as Shaggy and Scooby. 

"Like, who's the creep with the missing cranium?" Shaggy asked. 

"My guess would be, The Headless Horseman" Teeders replied. 

"No doubt about that" David agreed. 

The Headless Horseman laughed evilly, charging down the hill straight towards the gang. 

"I am so tired of working with this guy!" Jack groaned. 

"He wants a fight?..." Scrappy glared, putting his fists up in the air. "I'll give him one!" 

"Quick, you gotta help me!" Jack begged his new friends. 

Kali looked around and spotted a nearby pumpkin patch they could hide in. 

"Quick, in here!" The adventure girl led her friends, while Shaggy carried Jack and Scooby grabbed Scrappy. 

The gang hid in the pumpkin patch, trying their best to blend in while the Headless Horseman came searching for them, smashing up every pumpkin in his path. The gang tried to keep their breathing low when they started hearing the strangest sound.