parstletongue

"you're not good, your not bad, your just nice."

-

I was in the study hall with Hermione. Since we had nothing better to do we just started to catch up on work, well more like I did. It was the morning after me and Draco performed Dark Magic. None of the staff were suspicious of me which was good.

"You look better than yesterday night." Hermione said. I glanced at her.

"Wait you were there?" I asked. She nods.

"Yep, Camille, Abigail, Harry, and Ron were there also. You looked like you about to die, Violet." Hermione said with concern. I sighed. "Someone put a hex on me. I'm alright though it cleared up in a couple of hours." I reassured her.

"How? Hexes like that take days to disappear." Hermione said. The hex went away after I did the spell with Draco. Maybe the magical power I was channeling from him cured my hex? I shrugged my shoulders.

"Oh I researched what language you were speaking during the duel and it's called Parstletongue. It's a language for snakes. Salazar Slytherin could speak it as well." Hermione said in thought. "But, there could be a possibility that... Draco could be the heir. I mean he thinks all muggle-borns are scum. He's nasty and mean all things considered. It's kind of the perfect match."

I sighed. But, would Malfoy actually be the heir. Yes he hates muggle-borns and he comes from this big time family that's been around for generations. But... Malfoy?

"Eh, I mean you could be correct. But, how would you know? How can we get proof?" I said in thought. Hermione grins.

"A polyjuice potion. It disguises you as anyone you want. You just need a strand of their hair. I told Harry and Ron this. They're disguising as Crabbe and Goye." He explains. That's a good idea! Crabbe and Goyle are extremely close to Draco so he's bound to spill the beans on if he's actually the heir or not. But then I thought:

"Wait, who would I disguise as?" I asked. Hermione's face contorted like I wasn't going to like what she had to say.

"P..... Pansy Parkinson." She says hesitantly. My eyes widened. "Nope, no way. Do you think I wanna spend my afternoon snogging, Draco? Not a chance." I said. And that was true. Just the thought of it made me want to heave.

"You don't have to snog him. Just get some information out of him and leave. It's simple, plus the potion takes at least a month to make." Hermione explained. I really didn't want to do this. But if it got us the answers we wanted. I was down for it. Suddenly I heard a cough behind me. I turned around to see Professor McGonagall looking down at me. Oh crap.

"Ms. Goldhorn, may you please follow me to my office. There is a matter to discuss." She said glancing at Granger. I grabbed my books nervously and left the study hall, waving back at Hermione. McGonagall led me in her office. I see Dumbledore sitting in a chair next to her desk. He gave me a warm smile before standing.

"Please have a seat." He says pointing at a burgundy leather chair that sat directly in-front of McGonagall's desk. I did what the man asked. The teacher walked to her desk before sitting down. She cleared her throat before adjusting her glasses.

"Now, as you know, Ms. Goldhorn, we teach a very wide variety of magic here at Hogwarts. But, one thing we don't teach is the Dark Arts." McGonagall explained. Yep, she caught me. "I was very surprised to hear that you've done Dark Magic, Violet. Considering your reputation." Albus said. McGonagall nods in agreement. I look down at my dress shoes.

"You do realize that me and Dumbledore can feel when someone is doing Dark magic? Especially from you, you have a unique mark of magic every time you do a spell and this one is the most powerful one you've done."