heir of slytherin

"at first, when i see you cry it makes me smile. yeah, it makes me smile."
-

"All students are to return to house dormitories at once. All teachers to the second floor corridor immediately." We heard McGonagall's voice through the long halls. We gave each other a knowing look before running off to the second floor. He turned a corner and saw the teachers running up the hall and stopping all of a sudden to look at something.

"As you can see the heir of Slytherin has left another message." McGonagall said. Harry, Ron and I peeked around the corner to see all the teachers standing there with their backs turned to us.

"Our worst fear has been realized. A student has been taken by the monster, into the chamber itself. Students must be sent home. I'm afraid this is the end of Hogwarts." McGonagall said with saddened expression. Who did it take? Another muggle? Suddenly we see Lockhart walk up to the group with a grin on his face.

"So sorry, dozin' off. What have I missed?" Lockhart said.

"A girl has been snatched by the monster, Lockhart, your moment has come at last." Snape said. I almost chuckled at what the Professor said. "My m-moment?" Lockhart stuttered nervously.

"Weren't you saying just last night that you've known all along where the entrance to the Chambers of Secrets is?" Snape asked. Wait, he knew? Lockhart looked bewildered.

"That's settled. We'll leave you to deal with the monster, Gilderoy. Your skills, after all, are legend." McGonagall said. Oh please. "Very well. I'll just be in my office getting, um, getting ready." Lockhart said before walking away from the teachers. I wouldn't count on him to do anything if I were them. He's a coward, what could he do?

"Who is it that the monster's taken, Minerva?" Madame Pomfrey said. McGonagall's expression drops.

"Ginny Weasley." She said. Oh no, not Ron's little sister! But, she's pureblooded. So it wouldn't hurt her, would it? The teachers walk away from the wall so I can finally see what was on it. Written in blood in read:

Her skeleton will lie in the chamber forever.

A chill went up my spine. If we didn't save Ginny she was going to die. We all ran to Lockhart's classroom so we could follow him to the chamber. "Lockhart's useless, why do we need him?" I say as we storm into his classroom.

"Lockhart may be useless, but he's going to try and get in the Chamber. At least we can tell him what we know!" Harry said. We went up some stairs to his office. We slammed open the door to see Lockhart... packing his things? He immediately closed a suitcase and looked at us nervously.

"Professor, we have some information for you." Harry said. I gave him an angry expression. "Are you really leaving like a coward? You're not even going to try to save Ginny?" I yelled at the man. He chuckled nervously.

"Uh, urgent call. Unavoidable, uh... go to go." He said stuttering.

"What about my sister?" Ron yelled with widened eyes. "Well... um... As to that, most unfortunate. No one regrets more than I." Lockhart scrambled around the room packing things.

"You're the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. You can't go now." Ron says with a blaze of anger. And he has a right to be. "Well, I must say, when I took the job, there was nothing in the job description about—." Lockhart suddenly scrambled around his desk but I immediately whipped out my wand and held it to his chest.

"So your just going to run away? After everything you've said and done in those books you would be a COWARD?!" I yelled angrily at the man. I was not playing around, especially with someone's life.