☾︎𑁍 Chapter 2: Club Fight

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

The flashing lights in the club didn't aid Valerie's distracted mind

The flashing lights in the club didn't aid Valerie's distracted mind. Her heart was still hammering in her chest, the image of the redhead girl burned into her mind. Heat waving off the bodies on the flood felt strangely suffocating while her face burned.

It did not help that Jennessa had questioned Val on her harshly blushing face wordlessly, pressing replay on the whole scene.

With a quick shake of her head, Valerie clenched her fists and forced the distracting thoughts out of her head. Dodging past the moving couples seemed like a dance to the shadowhunter, finally back in focus.

The VIP section at the back of the club was their destination, the demon lady entering through the closed silk navy curtains. The group of shadowhunters moved back together from the crowd, entering the restricted area one after the other. Valerie moved to the left if the better-lit room, coming to a tense stop parallel to Alec. Both had their eyes on Jace as he motioned for the other girls to begin their distribution, and move to the demon in pink.

Jennessa dropped her trenchcoat in sync with Izzy, as the girls began moving to the appropriately sexual music. Moving together in sync they smirked at the demons surrounding them as they took the bait and grouped around the dancing girls. Their body's almost touching as their hips swayed drew their attention away from Jace while he conversated with the lady shaped demon.

"I hear you’ve been pedalling mundane blood." Jace's stated smugly, behind the demon, his hand resting on the seraph blade at his hip.

"Why? Are you looking to score?"

Valerie held back a snort, the demon knew perfectly well who they were, and that they definitely were not here for the mundane blood.

"I’m not. But you’re gonna tell me who is." Jace's slight change in attitude alerted the demon, making it stand up straighter.

Valerie gripped her sickle in anticipation, studying the movements if the room. The demons that weren't guarding the woman were still distracted with Jens and Izzy's dancing, and Alec's eyes shifted from Jace to the demons around him changing into a harsh glare.

"Well, you’re outnumbered here."

That was true, the room was stuffed with around twenty demons, definitely enough to keep up a good fight for the shadowhunters.

"Oh, I like our odds. Last chance." Jace spoke the others thoughts growing more excited by the second, everyone was waiting for the fight to break out now.