☾︎𑁍 Chapter 5: Getting Answers

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates it! ❤

The group had split up and Jace, Clary and Valerie (after Clary asked for her to join them) moved to the training room where Hodge was. Valerie still wearing the amused smile from earlier.

Simon tried to follow Clary but Jace stopped him, by lying about the rune power being too much for mundanes. Valerie almost gave him away when she laughed, but she quickly and professionally covered the laugh with a cough. Simon only narrowed his eyes at the smirking girl and went back to quarrelling with Jace.

Izzy than offered to babysit him, to which he agreed a little bit too eagerly, clearly into the smoking hot shadowhunter. Jace being forgotten, he had stared at Izzy almost the whole time after that, as if he was looking at something cool and shiny that he had wanted got ages. Like a diamond, that's what Valerie always compared Izzy to, or other stones and crystals like red sapphire or black onyx and black amethyst. Even while walking off to Izzy's room, Simon barley ever took his eyes off of her, tripping over his feet a couple of times as a result.

Alec walked off angrily after Izzy left with Simon, his footsteps heavy enough to echo through the halls. Jen rolled her eyes and followed behind him after wishing good luck to Clary and making sure Valerie was okay. She groaned at the thought of having to deal with an extra grumpy Alec for a while now with Simon and Clary here. Jen was sure the others felt the same, despite everyone absolutely adoring Alec, his moody and grumpy phases could be tiring and annoying, especially when he's praising and practically worshipping the clave. She shook her head and picks duo her pace to catch up to Alec.

Valerie, Jace and Clary moved off last, Jace leading the way while the girls moved behind him silently, both looking at the floor most of the way to prevent themselves from peeping at each other.

"Who is that guy?" Clary asked, pointing towards the training room where Hodge was sparing with Miranda, a girl who the whole group disliked, for a good reason.

"That's Hodge Starkweather, our weapons trainer," Valerie said, sighing when she noticed who was beside him. She had tried to befriend the girl multiple times but it never worked out, now she worked hard on ignoring her completely instead.

"And, more important for us, a former Circle member. After the uprising, Hodge repented and he was sent to live and work here to make amends. But he's forbidden to ever leave the Institute." Jace added, also noticing Miranda, and making a disgusted face.

Clary looked between the two confused before shaking it off, knowing she could ask Val about the girl later.

They walked towards them after a moment, walking quietly as not to disturb the sparing, though Jace made a loud noise just as they got there, startling Miranda and giving Hodge the upper hand in the match, which ended with the girl on her back.