☾︎𑁍 Chapter 3: Cookies and Explanations

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

Clary Fairchild, the redhead girl from the pandemonium, has been unconscious in the infirmary for three days since the ravener demon attack

Clary Fairchild, the redhead girl from the pandemonium, has been unconscious in the infirmary for three days since the ravener demon attack. The shadowhunters discovered her true identity with just a quick research, and Valerie had been correct, she was in fact a shadowhunter. Val had felt very smug over it, though she didn't say anything other than a sly "I told you so" not wanting to upset Alec any further.

Valarie gotten Izzy to change Clary out of her soaked, demon venom tainted clothes instead of her or Jace. Changing Clary herself or letting Jace do it felt disrespectful and just wrong. Even though she knew Jace would never look let alone do anything in that situation, she knew if Clary woke up to the knowledge that Jace or herself changer her the girl would be uncomfortable.

Over the three days, Valerie had taken it upon herself, more than happily, to read to Clary. In the first day she had noticed her squirming and unease expressions, and didn't like them one bit, she wanted the girl to have a peaceful time while she could. So Val thought reading to her might calm or even chase away the nightmares, and it mostly worked. She had read all of little women, getting distracted by the peaceful face of Clary occasionally and blushing violently when she caught herself staring at her. Addy, Valeries warlock kitten had returned to the institute from her adventure with Church, and accompanied her in the infirmary.

With the knowledge that Clary would soon awake, Valerie occupied the kitchen, baking something sweet. The mouth-watering smell filtered through the institute, not fully reaching every room but still making people aware Val was once again baking.

With a big plate in her hands, Valerie walked back into the infirmary, everyone turning to great her with wide grins.

"Cookies anyone?" Valerie moved her hand to present the plate with baked goods to them.

Despite Alec's sour mood, he moved swiftly to grab a still-warm cookie with a content smile, mumbling a thank you and ruffling Valerie's hair lightly. Jace followed after him, bumping his shoulder into Val's as he picked up two cookies with a hungry expression, leaving a quick peck on her cheek in thanks.

"Did I ever tell you that youre the best parabati ever?" Jen asked playfully as Valerie brought the cookies to her with a large smile.

"Many times Jen" Valerie replied with a chuckle, moving to sit beside Clary, opposite to Izzy, who leant over the unconscious girl to take a cookie.

"Thank you Val" she grumbled, still being lightly mad at the fact that Valerie could bake and cook beautifully while she usually made something definitely toxic.

The peaceful silence in the room didn't last long, only enough for everyone to finish their sweet treat.
Clary unexpectedly jumped awake, knocking into Izzy with a loud thump.