☾︎𑁍 Chapter 4: A war starting

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

Valerie lead the group inside, Clary's warm hand still resting in her's

Valerie lead the group inside, Clary's warm hand still resting in her's. The heat spreading up her arm and warming her up immediately, Val got butterflies in her stomach at the contact.

"How do we know this Mick Jagger-looking guy is even gonna try..." Simon started, glaring at Jace, and frowning at the girl's joined hands. He was still stuck in place, not taking a step forward to go after the others.

"Mundane, we do not have the time."

Clary sighed, moving towards Simon, and in the process detaching her hand from Valarie's. The move made her sigh again, she liked the feeling and now it was gone.

"Come on, Simon. Let's go." She insisted, pulling him along by his wrist.

This time, with Clary pulling Simon along, they all followed Valerie inside. To the three shadowhuters the institute looked like it always did, clean stone walls with a vintage vibe. But to Simon, only the glamour illusion was visible, a broken-down, abandoned church with cracked and mossy walls.

He looked around, with crazed eyes, already starting to regret all his actions. He looked at Clary's calm face with alarm before turning to Jace drawing a rune on himself.

"He's, like, burning" himself." Simon panicked, widened eyes stuck on Jace's arm.

"Trust me" Clary reminded him, patting his shoulder in hopes of reassuring him.

Valerie smiled at the small action, her mind automatically going to Jennessa.  She could tell Simon and Clary we're great friends, and it warmed her heart.

Jace, finished with his rune, took Simons hand harshly, scaring the boy further.

"Buddy, what's going on, man? I'm not your type, man. I don't even..." His rambling cut off as thee glamour before him broke down, little by little, revealing the true colours of the institute.

Valerie's giggles brought him back to reality, a gasp leaving his throat.

"Where are we?"

Simon looked around properly now, admiring the stable architecture of the old building. He almost wanted to run his hands over the walls, to make sure they were still there and real.

"The new your institute" Valerie stated, taking off again.

As they walked Simon accessed the place, the large screens that reminded him of plasma TV's. All the shadow hunters around, working on something. And the weapons, his eyes fixated on the weaponry, out of the corner he could see two men sparing.

"What the hell? Clary, is there a war going on that I don't know about?"

Clary fell silent stopping to look at Simon with intense seriousness. Her eyes twinkled with unshed tears, making Valerie's heart painfully contract at the sight.