Chapter 6

Bluepaw was listening to the leaders while they spoke at the Gathering. "MoonClan has a new apprentice:
Mistpaw!" Moonstar meowed.

Cats from each side of the Tree of Seasons chanted, "Mistpaw! Mistpaw!" Mistpaw looked embarrassed to be called out, but the gray she-cat seemed happy to be an apprentice. Then Moonstar dipped his head to Stormstar.

Stormstar began to speak, "StormClan has received two new apprentices! Welcome, Bluepaw and Redpaw!". More cats chanted, "Bluepaw! Redpaw! Bluepaw! Redpaw!". Bluepaw's ears felt warm with embarrassment. She looked around trying to find Redpaw and found her talking to a MoonClan elder. What is she doing? Bluepaw wondered. Finally, the meowing faltered as Stormstar flicked his tail for silence.

"A cloud of blueish-reddish mist has been seen on the MoonClan side of our border. We do not know what this is or what it can do, but until then, I suggest we do not go near it."

Gasps came from all four Clans. Bluepaw shivered, remembering Redpaw fell into shock after seeing the mist. Stormstar dipped his head to Icestar.

The white she-cat started speaking, but Bluepaw wasn't listening. She wanted to know what Redpaw was doing talking to another Clan's elder. The blue-gray she-cat watched as Redpaw turned and walked back over to her Clan. Redpaw's eyes were wide with fear.

Once she got to Bluepaw, Redpaw whispered, "The mist is bad. A battle will occur and the cat with distinct eyes is responsible." Bluepaw stared at Redpaw with big eyes. She remembered seeing blueish-reddish yes somewhere...but where? She glanced around the Tree, looking for the cat.

Then she spotted her: Mistpaw. The gray she-cat had blueish-reddish eyes. Bluepaw quickly turned back to Redpaw and told her who it was. Redpaw looked back at the gray cat and didn't say anything.

The Gathering ended and the Clans went back to their camps. There's going to be a battle between Mistpaw and us? Bluepaw thought as she walked next to Redpaw. They had to be ready to fight it.