Chapter 8: Finale

A vigil was held by all who where close to Lightningfur. Redpaw knew her father was very close to Lightningfur and would be among them. Thunderstrike had been Lightningfur's mentor.

Turning away from the other cats, Redpaw padded away to the apprentice den. Bluepaw was already there, curled up in her nest of leaves. Redpaw lay down beside her and dozed off to sleep.

"Let all cats old enough to climb pine trees gather beaneath the Highstone." Stormstar's meow called out.

The StormClan cats padded out to the Highstone. Redpaw, Bluepaw, Mistyleaf, and Rainpelt were all sitting together near the Highstone steps.

Once the cats had arrived, Stormstar started the warrior ceremony and later, said, "Bluepaw, we honor your bravery and speed and welcome you as a full warrior of StormClan. By the powers of my warrior ancestors, I name you Bluepelt in honor of your blue-gray colored fur."

Bluepelt dipped her head and licked Stormstar's shoulder. After she went back to sitting down next to Rainpelt, Redpaw stepped up to Stormstar.

"Redpaw, we honor your intelligence and courage and welcome you as a full warrior of StormClan. By the powers of my warrior ancestors, I name you Redfur in honor of your ginger coat."

Redfur dipped her head and licked Stormstar's shoulder in respect.

"Bluepelt! Redfur! Bluepelt! Redfur!" the Clan chanted out. Once the chanting died down, the ceremony ended and the cats dispersed.

Redfur looked at the moon. It was moonhigh and she was in the warrior's den. She knew her vigil had ended the previous night, but she couldn't sleep.

Bluepelt was wide awake next to her. Redpaw glanced at Bluepelt and meowed, "We're warriors now. We can go where we want without a mentor. Let's go see MoonClan and find the cat with the purple eyes." Bluepelt stared, wide-eyes, at Redfur.

"You do know that Misteyes has blueish-reddish eyes, right?" the blue-gray she-cat asked.

Misteyes had become one of Bluepelt's best friends in another Clan at Gatherings, even though the warrior code didn't allow loyalty to other Clans.

Redfur's protective nature instigated her to meow angrily, "It has to be Misteyes who controls the mist. We have to kill her. She killed Lightningfur!"

Bluepelt stared down at her paws for what seemed like moons. When she finally looked back up at Redfur, she dipped her head and said, "Let's go."

The two she-cats reached the MoonClan border in a few heartbeats since they ran past the bordering clouds of StormClan and to the center of the territory at the Tree of Seasons.

Redfur could see the cloud of purple mist surrounding the camp, poisonous as the strange water Twolegs used to kill rats, and deadly as deathberries. She could see a large gorge in the ground, leading to a clear waterfall above smooth stone rocks.

"Come on, let's go inside. Stay away from the mist if you can and watch out for Misteyes." Redfur told Bluepelt as she quickly padded into the territory.

Bluepelt hesitantly followed, carefully watching the camp for any movement. The purple mist flowed above the ground, leaving room for a cat to get through.

Redfur thought about what would happen if an intruder got inside, or attempted to get inside oft the camp. Her fur shivered as she imagined a cat being suffocated with the poisonous gas as the mist slammed down on top of it.

Just as Redfur reached the gorge, a gagging sound alerted her. She spun around to see a gray she-cat standing over a blue-gray she-cat. Redfur's heart stopped.

Bluepelt! No! It can't be!

Her best friend was struggling to breathe, clawing the air and rolling around. Redfur ran to her side and pushed on Bluepelt's side, trying to get her to breathe. A heartbeat later, Bluepelt went limp.

When Bluepelt died, everything changed inside of Redfur. Her sorrow grew to anger as she lashed out at Misteyes once Bluepelt died from the blueish-reddish mist. She clawed at the gray she-cat with the same-colored eyes.

The only thing Redfur could feel was vengeance. MoonClan HAD to be destroyed. Misteyes had killed Bluepelt, Redfur's only best friend in the Clan.

[MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING FOR CATS USING CLAWS AT EYES
SKIP TO NEXT BOLD WARNING THAT ENDS THIS ONE IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO READ THIS PART.]

Redfur clawed at Misteyes's face in her vulnerable spot: her eyes. Misteyes yowled out in pain as she tried to control the mist with her powers, but failed due to the claws slicing into her eyes. After writhing in pain from the clawing, Misteyes fell to the ground, unhooking Redfur's claws from her eyes.

Redfur's face showed grief and anger at the same time. The ginger she-cat panted, looking at the unmoving blue-gray body of her best friend. She turned back to Misteyes.

The mysterious cat was still rolling around, pawing at her eyes in pain. Redfur felt more anger surging in her and lept at Misteyes, slashing at her body with her claws. Misteyes would pay for what she did to Bluepelt.

Blood starting appearing on Misteyes's pelt and in a pool around her body. Seeing the fresh blood on her enemy, Redfur stopped attacking and stepped back in pride. Soon, Misteyes fell still. She had done her job. This cat had done much worse than what Redfur had done to her.

[END OF TRIGGER WARNING. YOU MAY CONTINUE READING THE REST OF THIS STORY.]

The ginger warrior padded to Bluepelt's body and picked her up gently in her jaws, carrying her back to StormClan.

The Clan had just woken up with cats roaming the camp. All of them stopped dead in their tracks when they saw Redfur padding up with Bluepelt in her jaws.

Bluepelt was dead. Redfur had grief in her eyes. Graywater, Bluepelt's mother, let out a wail.

When the senior warriors came to take Bluepelt to place her in the center, Redfur refused to let them near her best friend's body. She hissed at them, clearing showing that she had to bury her best friend.

Redfur walked past them slowly, careful with each step, to the hunting grounds. When she got to Bluepelt's favorite hunting spot, she laid her body down and sat there, holding a vigil for her only best friend in the Clan.

MoonClan had to pay for having this happen. Misteyes died, but after remembering the cloud of mist surrounding the camp, Redfur knew her destiny was to destroy MoonClan until every cat was gone. Bluepelt had to be avenged. And Redfur would be the one to do it.

A/N: That's the end of this book. Hope you enjoyed.

Update December 1, 2015, Tuesday:
I apologize for the poorly-written fanfiction. This was my first Warriors fanfiction I had ever written in 2013, and I put a trigger warning in case of people didn't want to read that part. It disturbed me as well when I went back to edit, so I had to put a trigger warning for that.

As for the sequels, I have written three other Warriors fanfiction books, three that continue this subseries/arc (which I am renaming to "Mysterious Prophecies").

The next subseries is "Warriors Return" or "Warriors Returns" (I can never remember either, so I might rename it to "Fallen Enemies" or "Hidden Shadows" or "Hidden Enemies". I think "Hidden Enemies". Yep. That's the one.

The books in order:

(3 in each subseries/arc)

Warriors fanfictions by Leopardclaw

Mysterious Prophecies subseries/arc:

Book 1: Purple Mist
Book 2: Roaring Flames
Book 3: Fading Shadows

Hidden Enemies subseries/arc:

Book 1: A New Enemy
Book 2: Lost in Darkness
Book 3: Rising Thunder