- 𝑶𝑵𝑬

⳾*⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*⳾

"Oh, Lola, I'm gonna miss you-" Mary said, pulling me into a hug. I buried my face in her chest. "You're sure you're not allowed to come with us?"

Laughing a little, I pulled back to look at her, a few strands of her spun gold hair caught on my barrette. "I'm sure. I'll write, though-- every week!" I said, pulling a tight smile over my teeth. The train platform bustled around us, people shouting, calling goodbye- but we payed it no mind. I flung my arms around Mary's chest again, nestling my face into her worn jumper, feeling the soft scent of jasmine creep into my nose. She hugged me back for a couple of seconds- before pulling away and waving goodbye as she walked back to her dad. I span on the heels of my worn leather shoes and walked towards the crowd of redheads clustered at the end of the platform.

As I neared, dragging my trunk behind me, I caught eyes with Mrs Weasley, who stepped out of the group to speak to me. "Hello dear, how are you? Have a good year?"

"It was excellent, thank you." I said, smiling politely at her. "How are you?"

"I was just saying to Arthur how big you've grown! How long has it been? Six? Seven years?"

I nodded and grinned a little. "Probably something like that. Are you sure you're okay with having me stay-"

Mrs Weasley swatted her hand, cutting off my question. "Of course we are, dear, otherwise we wouldn't have offered to look after you! Now come along, we best be leaving-"

⳾*⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*⳾

"Now- I've made you a bed in the attic- Ginny will show you up." Mrs Weasley explained, pulling an apron on, wand between her teeth.

"No, she'll wanna sleep in my room," Ginny drawled, dropping into a chair, swinging her feet up onto the edge of the table and twisting a strand of red hair around her finger. "won't you?"

"Uh- I-"

"You know it's better than the attic, right?" Ginny said, raising an eyebrow at me. I opened my mouth but couldn't say anything more. One of the twins slumped into a seat.

"Honestly, she's got a point." he said. "I think you'd get scared if you slept in the attic."

"Really?" I clicked the jawbreaker in my mouth against my teeth.

"Yeah," said the other twin. "You wouldn't even make it through the night - you know there's a ghoul up there?"

Furrowing my brow, I undid the barrette in my hair and placed it on the table. "I don't believe you for a second. You're telling fibs."

"She thinks we're telling fibs, George!" said the twin in the chair, with a clear tone of faux hurt.

George looked at the floor and shook his head. "Won't be my fault when we get woken up at three in the morning to the sound of someone falling down the stairs."

Ginny rolled her eyes, pushing herself up on the table out of her seat and taking hold of my wrist. "C'mon, Lola."

She led me through a doorway into a small entrance area, with shelves climbing the walls like ivy, piled high with copies upon copies of every kind of book imaginable- cookery, potions, medicine, novels, spells. Pulling me by both my hands over to the bottom of the stairwell, Ginny nudged a basket of linen to the edge of the banister.