- 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬

⳾*⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*⳾

I'd managed to avoid the others for the rest of the afternoon; mainly by helping Mrs Weasley prepare supper. By 'others' I definitely meant Bill - Merlin, I'd been so awfully awkward. It was inevitable that I'd have to speak to him again at some point though - and I would have bet all my money that that was dinner.

"Now, Lola, I've set you a place over there-" Mrs Weasley nodded towards a tall wooden stool in the far corner of the room, behind the table, as she pulled a tray of golden roast potatoes out of the stove. "Could you be a dear and fetch the others? I believe they're somewhere in the garden."

I undid my apron, hanging it up behind the door, before scampering off down the tiny little paths in the herb garden. The others, as Mrs Weasley had said, were down the end of the garden. I didn't really want to go near them, so I called out that they should come inside, and that seemingly did the trick.

"Merlin, I'm starving" Ron groaned, wandering over to the roasting tin of potatoes resting on the stovetop.

Mrs Weasley swatted his hand with a tea towel. "Go and sit down"

I slid quietly into the corner, where Ginny quickly joined me. "Where have you been all evening?" she asked. "You disappeared as soon as Bill arrived."

"Oh, I was helping make dinner. And I also needed to write to my mum."

"Honestly, Ginny." I heard Bill say from across the table. "Her handwriting is totally illegible, could barely make out the word 'hello'"

I felt blood flood into my cheeks for the umpteenth time that day. "Just because I'm staying here again it doesn't mean you need to proofread every little thing I write; you're not my tutor anymore." I muttered, noticing that my fingernails had become very interesting all of a sudden.

Luckily, before anyone could elaborate, Mrs Weasley brought the food over and placed it on the table. Mr Weasley wandered in from somewhere or other, and made a beeline directly to the beef pie.

I was not hungry, in reality I felt quite sick. Bill was carrying on like nothing had happened. Maybe nothing had happened - and I was blowing my own dumb actions out of proportion. Did I even need to care? I glanced up at him. He was seemingly deep in hushed conversation with George.

The more I thought about it, the less I regretted it. There really was nothing scandalous about it - nothing at all.

Chancing another quick glance through my eyelashes, I saw him looking directly back at me. Instead of breaking the eye contact, I decided to see how long I could get it to last. I picked up my glass of water and took a deep swig, gazing straight into his eyes, batting my eyelashes. To my surprise, he sent me the tiniest wink and a small smile, before returning to his conversation with George. Or Fred - I couldn't tell them apart.

"What are you looking at?" Ginny asked, shovelling roast potatoes onto her fork.

"Nothing." I said, maybe too quickly.

She rolled her eyes. "You can't pull that one on me, Lola." she said quietly, smirking. "I can tell."

"Wh- what?"

"Puh-lease," she tilted her eyes so far back into her head I could see nothing but whites. "anyone could tell, you make it so obvious. I can see the way you look at Fred."

"F- Fred?" I said, slightly in shock. "Oh, haha" I said, going even more pink as I returned to the cucumber I was picking at. Ginny scoffed at me and shoved a forkfull of potato into her mouth.