An Odd Night

Jirou's POV

I let out a small sigh while I stood in the dorm's kitchen. The light from the fridge illuminated me and the rest of the dark kitchen while I searched for something to eat. It was one in the morning already and I still hadn't fallen asleep yet. I'd been having nightmares since the attack on the training camp, and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get them to go away.

Another sigh escaped my lips as I scanned the contents of the fridge, so far there was nothing in here that I really wanted to eat. I almost gave up when I saw a couple jello cups on the bottom shelf of the fridge.

I squatted down and reached into the fridge, grabbing a cup of jello and closing the fridge. I knew who the cups belonged to, and I knew what would happen if I was found with them. 'I just have to make sure that I leave no evidence behind.' I thought to myself.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the elevator ding from the hallway that was just around the corner. I panicked and almost dropped the jello cup and the spoon I had grabbed when I heard the ding. 

'Crap, if Tsuyu finds out I nabbed one of her jello cups, she'll kill me.' I thought to myself as I ducked down behind the kitchen counter, and made myself as small as possible, hoping that the shadows would hide my presence. Tsuyu was oddly protective of her jello cups, but I guess I would be too if it was my favorite food. 

I heard the elevator doors slide open from where I was hiding, followed by the sound of footsteps approaching the front living area. They were slow and cautious, while being a little bit heavier than Tsuyu's footsteps normally were.

'Who the hell else would be up this late?' I pondered to myself, as I watched the person appear from around the corner of the hallway.

Thankfully my eye's had adjusted to the darkness enough that I could make out who was creeping around in the night. I wasn't too surprised to see the classes resident green haired problem child, what and  he was carrying something on his back.

'Why's Midoriya up so late, and what's that on his back?' I quietly pondered, as I squinted my eye's to try and get a better look at him through the darkness. 'Is that a guitar case?' I silently wondered, as I watched the green haired boy continue towards the front door.

He paused for a moment, before opening the front doors and quietly slipping outside. The only noise that could be heard was the soft click of the door as it closed behind him.

When I thought the coast was finally clear, I stood up from behind the kitchen counter and walked over to the windows that were by the front door, completely forgetting about the jello that I had left on the counter.

'Where is he going, and why does he have a guitar case with him?' I pondered as I peered out the front windows and watched Midoriya walk away from the dorm. I made my way over to the front door and quietly opened it, before slipping outside and gently closing them behind me. I let my eye's drift around the area infront of the dorm for a moment to make sure that I wasn't seen at all. I quickly made my way over to the grass that was infront of the dorm, and kneeled down on it.

"Alright Midoriya, where are you off to this late in the night." I muttered to myself, as I stabbed my earjacks into the ground.

I only had to wait for a few moments before picking up the vibration from his footsteps and where he was heading. I quickly pulled my earjacks out of the ground and stood up and dusted myself off.

"Gotcha Midoriya." I muttered to myself, as I took off down the path in the direction of where he was going. I checked every so often to make sure that I was still heading in the right direction, though at one point he turned off the path and headed into the small forest that was inside the school's premise.