Lullaby to Sleep

More Brakey whoops my bad-

-

The orange flames was all the boy could see. Burning the wood that was once his house, until it was ashy and black. In the distance all he to could hear was a man and a woman screaming. His parents-

"M-mom! D-d-d-dad!" He stuttered out through his sobs. He was curled up in a corner as shaking overtook his entire body. God he hated the screaming so much.

But it was even worse when it stopped.

"M-mom? Dad?" He whispered out. It dawned on him what happened. He shot up and ran through the flames without even thinking. "N-no! Mom! Dad! Please god! No no no no!"

-

"No no no no!" Bryan yelled in his sleep, while he thrashed around. Suddenly his eyes snapped open he shot up. Cold sweat went down his forehead. "I-I-I-It was just a nightmare. It's o-over n-now. I'm okay."

  He blinked and realized that he was crying. He tried to stop the tears but it didn't work. Bryan knew that it wasn't just a nightmare he had, it was a memory. He's been trying so hard to forget that night but it's not working. He let out a choked sob and realized he wasn't going to go back to sleep anytime soon.

  He sniffed and went off his bed. Maybe a walk would clear his thoughts. So he slipped on shoes and walked out of his front door, not even bothering to change out of his pajamas.

  Of course when he went outside and it was freezing. He didn't really mind though, it was better then the burning heat of the fla-

  He shook his head. "No don't think about it." The brunet whispered to himself and started his walk. He walked for a couple minutes, watching buildings of Alantide pass him. Each full of sleeping children with their parents. That was once him...

  The boy really didn't know where his feet was taking him until he realized he was in front of the protecter's guild. He figured his brain just did it automatically cause he walks there almost everyday. He turned his head to the left of the guild and noticed Jakey's clock home. He wished he was with Jakey right now but he didn't want to bother the nervous boy. And also he really didn't want his boyfriend to see him in this sta-

  Bryan's thoughts halted as he noticed 2 small figures in the distance. One was a human shaped figure with ears sticking up, and the other one was a small animal wagging it's tail. What were they doing up?

  The dragon slayer pondered his options. He could just go back to his mansion, try to go back to sleep, and go about the next day pretending everything was alright. Pretend to be his usual energetic and strong self. Or he could go by Jakey and let the boy know what's wrong.

  Ya definitely the first one. He turned his heal, preparing to head back, but was stopped when he heard a shout of "B-Bryan! Is that you?!?"

  "Dang it." He whispered under his breath and turned back around. The figure was waving their hands wildly in his direction. Bryan realized there was no getting out of this situation now and reluctantly started to walk to his boyfriend. Jakey gave Bryan a smile when he reached him.

  "H-hi Bryan! Wow you look awful." The boy's caramel eyes widened and he smacked his mouth. "I-I-I'm s-sorry! That was so-so mean to s-say!"

  Bryan chuckled at his boyfriend's nervousness and sat down next to him. "No it's okay it's true."

  "A-are you okay? You l-look and s-sound so tired and sad. And you're still in you're pajamas. You must be c-cold. Here this will wa-warm you up!" The taller boy gave the other a small hug. They stayed there for a minute, Bryan being comforted by his boyfriend's body warmth and then they let go.

  "I'm fine Jakey." He saw that Jakey was giving him a look that showed that he didn't believe a word he was saying, so he tried to change the subject. "So um, what are you are doing up this late, and out here."

  "Oh!" Jakey turned to grab something next to him and showed it off. His guitar. "M-me and Oliver were singing s-s-songs!"

  "That's nice." Bryan's voice was practically a whisper at this point.

  "Bryan you d-don't sound fine. Y-y-you know you can tell me if s-something's wrong."

  The dragon slayer paused and wondered if he should tell the other man. He hated appearing vulnerable and weak in front of other people, especially his boyfriend. But he knew Jakey wouldn't believe him one bit if he lied.

  "There is something wrong. I-" At first he attempted to keep his voice steady, but the memories came flashing back as soon as he started talking. The screams, the flames. The flood gates immediately were opened and Bryan began to sob.

"B-b-b-Bryan!" Jakey exclaimed and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend once again. "What is it what's w-wrong?"

  "I-it's so s-s-stupid, but I had a n-nightmare. About the night my parents-" He paused. "My parents died."

  More sobs forcefully came out of the man and his head went into the other's shoulder. The blue haired boy put his hand on the crying man's head. "It's over Bryan. It's over now. You'll never have to go through that again. Never."

  "I-I know but the memory still hurts."

  "It will but that's all it is now. A memory. I-is that why you came out here, you couldn't sleep?" Bryan nodded his head into Jakey's shoulder.

  "Well here. I can sing you some s-songs to sleep! It always helps Oliver go to bed."

  Bryan couldn't help but let out a teary smile at Jakey's excited expression at the chance to sing Bryan a song.  "Okay s-sounds good Jakey."

  "O-okay! Just close your eyes and lean on my shoulder and I'll sing you a song. What song do you want?"

  Bryan adjusted himself so the side of his head was on his boyfriend's shoulder and he thought for a second. "Um I don't know. M-maybe something basic like twinkle twinkle little star?"

Jakey nodded his head and grabbed his guitar. Oliver hopped into Bryan's lap and cuddled into it while the fire boy closed his eyes.

  "Twinkle twinkle little star. How I wonder what you are. Up above the world so high. Like a diamond in the sky. Twinkle twinkle little star. How I wonder what you are~" Jakey finished with a soft smile. He turned his head as he heard a snooze come from the other man. "Oliver did he f-f-fall asleep already?"

  Oliver gave his owner a chirp in response. The time mage chucked and placed his head on the top of his boyfriend's brown hair. Together the 2 dosed off underneath the stars.

-

Yo writing stuff like this just reminds be that I'm single. And ya this is basically the same thing that happened last chapter, but look I like making characters I love cry okay. So anyway hope u enjoyed and ill actually try to write new characters soon, maybe some ppl from divius magica even though I don't rlly focus on that guild too much.