⎡𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 13 ⎦

CHAPTER 13・: *✧・゚:* lowercase intended

CHAPTER 13
・: *✧・゚:* lowercase intended.

CHAPTER 13・: *✧・゚:* lowercase intended

"𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐑𝐀𝐘, 𝐈'𝐌 𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐍𝐎𝐖." hermione said, fixing the books in her hands before matching eye-contact with reina. "do you wanna come, or...?"

she debated on the spot for a little; she really wasn't in the mood to study after what had happened in her was the only thing she could think about. "i actually wanna be alone for a little bit, have fun at the library" was the last thing reina said before she walked towards the entrance of the great hall.

thinking back to this moment, reina knew this was the ultimate stupid decision which had placed in her current situation. out of all quiet places that she wanted to be alone in, she chose the great hall, which was never empty.

as lincoln strutted into the great hall, his eyes landed on reina sitting alone, and a bright grin overtook his face as she approached her. but the girl seemed to be anything but happy, and lincoln was quick to realise that when she opened her mouth.

"ugh god, you can tell something is wrong, just leave me alone" reina snapped, groaning and grabbing her head in the progress.

lincoln stepped back in shock, "uh? look i'm just trying to be nice here, i can leave you alone if you want me to-"

"no lincoln, you can sit down." reina sighed, her arms dropping to her side. "i'm sorry, i didn't mean to say that. and to you of all people too... i'm sorry."

"...dont apologize for something thats not entirely in your control" he said, "now what's got you all mad?"

"draco malfoy. that dumb stupid blonde boy who's somehow got me wrapped around his little finger" reina said, irritation laced in her voice. "he kissed me the other day, and now he's acting like it never happened! i don't even know what to believe anymore, he's starting to make me believe it was all a lie."

"woah wait what, draco kissed you?" lincoln said, shuffling to properly face the girl in front of him wide-eyed. but her expression dropped immediately.

"that's all you got from it?"

"oh no no, my bad. its just hard to believe-"

"so its hard to believe draco would kiss me? because he's out of my league isnt he?"

'reina of course not, he's the one who's out of your league" lincoln said, playing with his fingers before looking up at her. "you know, boys are hard to understand. sucks being one since everyone's developed a stereotype about how all boys are the same. but what i'm trying to say is, dont waste your time on draco if he isnt giving you the satisfaction and the love you deserve. you shouldnt be chasing something thats running away from you, because even once you get it, it'll find ways to escape."

reina was thrown-off, "lincoln..." she mumbled, "that-... that really made me feel better, thank you. actually." and before she could even stop herself, she reached forward and wrapped her arms around his neck in a hug.

lincoln froze for about an eternity before slowly starting to do the same but she pulled away. "...oh! um its alright, always here for you."

reina must've noticed the awkward silence which was starting to form between the two as she arose from the seat, the boy in front of her eyes following her. "i- should probably go check on hermione" she laughed a little and waved bye to him.

"oh reina!" lincoln said, making her turn her head around to look at him. "i dont know much about this, but if he's using pansy to perhaps make you jealous..." he swallowed a big lump that was starting to form, "you could, well, maybe, use me?"

reina's eyes widened in excitement and a delighted smile was seen throughout her face, "oh my god you wouldn't! thank you linky" she squealed before happy strutting away.

________

"you will be required to get into pairs for this task," snape said, walking around at the front of the classroom. "i am giving you the permission to choose your partners. this will be a very rare thing that i am allowing so choose wisely. no complaints. if everyone is unable to choose in 3 minutes, i will choose partners for all of you myself. begin"

lincoln. choose lincoln.

"oh reina-" a voice spoke up from beside her, "would you be my partner?"

draco was asking her. he actually spoke to her himself for the first time in a few days, thank god. at least now she knew he had not gone back to hating her guts.

"actually" reina said, her eyes flickering to the back of the classroom. "i'm gonna go with lincoln."

"oh." was all he muttered. but reina could see right through his words; his face scrunched up in pure disgust as he looked at the boy, and he ran a hand through his locks before turning to his right for pansy instead.

"woah what the hell?" lincoln whispered, "why'd you pick me over him? you do know now you've put me in danger, he's gonna kill me!"

"he will not. plus why cant i choose someone that isn't him? we're not together, and you and me? we're friends, its his issue if he assumes. plus, he's got no reason for this to effect him, does he???"

"hmmm... i guess you guys have this weird tension and fondness for each other," he smirked before speaking again, "-and i'd be fueling it if i agreed... seems delightful."

but she didn't respond. she didn't even look at the guy who was so interested in talking to her, but instead she looked at the guy who was busy talking to another girl. and maybe this was where she should've stopped and re-thought her feelings, but she didn't.