Humanity's Lovers; The split up. 《Chapter Five》

Three dark red flairs all at once shot up into a dark midnight sky freckled with disgustingly opaque stars. The crack of the flairs stirred everybody wide awake, bolting up into their seats.

Levi suddenly jolted awake, bringing Eren along with him rushing outside the tent as they heard distant screaming.

"There's seven 15 meter titans to the left and right!" Connie screeched as loud as he could, hoping to awake anyone who hadn't been immediately forced into consciousness by the flair's.

"They're going after the horses," Sasha cried, rushing to put on her ODM gear. "We can't get out of here if they're dead!"

"Sasha, there's no point in putting it on. Sit back and pack up the supplies. The higher ups will take care of the titans, just tend to the horses. Get them out of here." Levi said, trying to calm his nerves. He had never seen so many titans within a 30 meter radius. They traveled alone, or in packs of three; Never seven at every angle. He had already known something was off about the campground when Hange said that she wanted to investigate here. Maybe this is what it was.

Eren slyly grabbed onto Levi's arm, causing him to slightly jolt back. Levi granted him access and Eren clung to his arm, gaining gazes of bewilderment from his peers.

"I need to go take care of the titans, Eren. Stay here and help them for me." Levi said underneath his breath, looking at Eren through the corner of his eyes as fear swept across his face.

"There are way too many titans. You can't go alone, let me come with you, Levi. We can do it together." Eren pleaded, grabbing onto Levi even tighter as he considered.

"You can come with me on one condition. Don't get in my way." Levi forced Eren's arm on his and rushed to put on his ODM gear.

"Stay back and protect the horses!" Levi ordered the Cadets. "Eren and I will take care of the titans, somebody alert Hange of the situation."

"Yes, Sir!" The Cadet's yelled in unison, most still confused about Levi and Eren.

Levi pulled out his metallic swords, looking much sharper compared to the dulled stars in the sky, and extended it towards Eren. He swiped his finger against the sword, creating a sudden mass explosion and transforming into his titan shape.

Levi started on his ODM gear, sticking the small claws of the gear onto titans shoulder to bring him closer to the nape of the neck. He pull both of his swords out from the holders and buried them into the nape of the first titans neck, while Eren was on the other side stomping onto the neck and back of a titan as a smaller titan with agile reflexes flew onto him, attempting to rip out his esophagus.

Levi abandoned the titan he had previously slit the throat of and rushed over to Eren, hoping to get to him before other titans could overwhelm him. He placed his ODM gear onto Eren's back and glided towards him, slicing the other titans nape in an instant while simultaneously protecting his lover.

"Eren, I know that you can hear me but can't respond. If the titans overwhelm you, roar for me and I'll be there instantly." Levi said, propped up on his shoulder yelling into his ear, as Titan Eren nodded for him.

Levi rushed off with his ODM gear, soaring through the air on pursuit to kill the other titans to his left, as Eren murdered the ones to his right. He approached the largest ugliest one first with dark brown shorter hair and piercing blue eyes, then sliced its nape as if it meant nothing when it went tumbling into the dew soaked grass.

After the titans within a close range vicinity were slain, Eren shifted out of his titan form and laid on the grass exhausted as Levi ran to him.

"Eren!" Levi screamed, bracing himself for the worst possible outcome, praying that his heart was still beating between his ribs.