20

"Is he an idiot?!" Tristan asked, glaring at the man on the screen. "The point of a hand mixer is to get air into the damn batter! It's just gonna be dense! Does this man think he's better than technology?!"

"Apparently," Winston said, taking a scoop of brownie batter ice cream and eating it. "They should have a demon challenge. I want to see the accuracy."

Tristan giggled. "You'd probably burn the TV because of the shitty portrayals," he said, opening his mouth and letting Winston spoon feed him ice cream.

Winston gasped in mock offense. "I would never. I'd go track down the shitty pastry chefs and give them a scare," he said with an evil laugh, only for his smile to fall and be replaced with an eye roll when Tristan opened his mouth, expecting more ice cream.

"You never showed me your demon form," Tristan said, his voice muffled from all of the ice cream in his mouth.

"You're right, and you never told me why you looked so guilty last night," Winston said, making Tristan blush and swallow his mouthful of ice cream.

Tristan sighed and laid his head back on Winston's chest. "I should probably mention that when you were out of town I went snooping around the house and happened to find a key and unlock a locked door and found a vampire in the basement," he started, and he felt Winston tense up and that did not make Tristan feel very safe.

"Did Roman say anything to you?" Winston asked, his voice a bit deeper and if it was anything besides Tristan being accused of snooping, he'd have found it really hot.

"Um... nothing about you?"

"That's not what I'm asking."

Tristan knew what he was getting at and sighed. "Fine. Yes, he said someone here was a vampire and I eavesdropped on Kayden and Simon the other night by accident and found out that Kayden is the one he was talking about. Trust me, I wish I didn't eavesdrop, but I don't care either way. Kayden is my friend and I could care less if he likes to suck human juice from side to side. It's natural fruit punch."

Winston didn't know whether to laugh or be mad. "Does Kayden know that you know?"

"I feel like you'd have already had a conversation with me if he did," Tristan grumbled, gasping when he felt Winston squeeze his ass after smacking it lightly.

"I would've," Winston whispered in his ear. "Don't eavesdrop, and if it's on accident, leave."

Tristan couldn't really focus on his words with the painful touch that Winston left on his ass, especially because he was enjoying it.

"Understand?" Winston asked, kissing below his ear, Tristan taking a sharp breath in at the weird tingle the kiss left.

"I got it," Tristan managed to say, his breathing labored.

Winston hummed. "I think we need to have a conversation about how you want me to deal with you when you misbehave."

"This is sounding very BDSM-y."

"And?"

Tristan shivered. "I think I like it more than I want to admit."

Winston sighed. "Damn it," he grumbled, making Tristan panic, thinking he'd done something wrong. "Pax was right."

"About...?"

"I spoke with him a while ago when you were with Levi and Kayden, and Pax mentioned a light BDSM-style relationship and how it would help you because you're in need of some kind of guidance and reassurance based on what you've gone through. Now, Pax doesn't know all of the details of your past, but he thought that having some kind of consequence for your actions would help you and also you'd feel comfortable having someone to rely on and guide you," Winston explained, and Tristan listened intently, eyes wide with wonder.