Chapter Eighteen

AA/N:This is the OFFICIAL OFFICIAL drawing of Moondrift and how she looked like. I'm not going to change her appearance AGAIN!

"I've seen you," Moondrift hissed ferociously. "I heard you conspiring with some SeaWing, who looked familiar. What are you doing here and what are you going to do?"

Wither's misty appearance was starting to get less and less weird every time Moondrift or Snowstorm would look at him. He had a flowing mane as soft as clouds and bright, illuminating eyes like lights in the darkness, which was exactly what this 'Dragon of Shadows' was.

He flickered his forked tongue with pleasure. "Yes, I know you. I've kept a good eye on you for years, and my moons how fast you have grown."

"The Dragon of Shadows?" Snowstorm said, but was panickingly backing away and pushing Moondrift back as well, looking hesitant. "What's that? A dragon made out of shadows? A dragon that rules over shadows?"

"That defines it, yes," Wither slithered. "But enough chit chat. My job right now is to kill this little pretty face right here." He pointed at Moondrift, then his scales suddenly materialised into black and blue until he looked exactly like Moondrift right now, adding the effect of her stab wound.

Wither, who was now Fake Moondrift, slid out her dagger and leapt for the real Moondrift. She ducked, but winced at the stab wound that had stopped bleeding but still hurt her.

The real Moondrift unstrapped her dagger and slashed at Wither's neck. The shadow dragon dodged; Moondrift grasped his throat instead, but growled when he transformed back into himself and wasn't able to be held anymore.

"Blasted moons," Moondrift growled. "Can't you just choose one form!"

Wither sniggered and nodded darkly. His shadow-like appearance started to become as rough as scales. Icy blue took over his auburn look with arctic blue eyes. His snout angled sharply. The dragon Wither took the form of someone who looked like she knew him. He had a tall posture, and a cold look. He was large and his muscles bulged a little, but something in those fake eyes made Moondrift think she'd known this IceWing all her life.

He glowered down at her with a warm smile that made her feel warm, loved and welcomed.

"Who are you?" She asked.

The IceWing chuckled. "Who else would I be?"

She stayed as silent as a feather.

"I'm your father,"

-383 Words