1

Maria Prentiss was born to her seventeen year old mother in 1987 in Italy. She was kept secret from all except her grandmother, who simply paid for her to be raised by a nanny in the country. Emily had constant contact with Maria, always having phone calls and sending presents. 

But when Emily went on her CIA UC mission, contact was cut and by the time she finished the mission and headed to Italy to see her daughter, she was surprised to find out that Maria had immigrated to America for school. 

Crime school at sixteen. 

Grandma Prentiss agreed to pay for it as long as it went un-mentioned that they were related. But Emily quickly went to the US to see her daughter and instantly, the teen moved in with her mom in Virginia while attending school. Maria helped her mother fill out her application for the BAU and had a dance celebration when she was accepted in.

After a year of working for the BAU, and the incident of Emily’s almost resignment, Maria had made a decision. 

“Mom, I want to work for the BAU,” Emily had gone stiff at the statement. Maria may only be twenty, but in highschool, she took College classes that counted for highschool and college. Ten more credits and she would have a doctorate in psychology. 

“I won’t stop you, but I guess this means I need to tell Hotch that I have a kid,” Emily had laughed and Maria cheered, “Good because I kind of already submitted my resume and I was told to come in tomorrow morning,”

Emily nodded, knowing her daughter had already done something drastic. Maria has always preferred begging for forgiveness. Her raging IQ of 185 rivaled her ditzy demeanor. Though she could be serious within seconds and act her way as whoever she needed whenever she needed. 

“Driving in with me, or do you want to drive?” Emily asked her daughter. “I’ll drive incase they can’t handle having two Prentiss’ on the same floor,” Maria chuckled back and the girls nodded in agreement, hugging before heading to bed. They had always been close, but more in a friendship way than a mother daughter way.

But there was no doubt that Emily would shoot someone for looking at Maria wrong. Mama bears are always burning with trigger happy rage.