4

“Did he really?” Maria laughs when her mom and Derek come to inform her of the “professional flirt” flirting with said mom. “That’s great, hey mom, you want a narcissist who trains murderers?” Maria asks, ducking away from her mother’s attempt to slap her upside the head.

“Still can’t catch me,” Maria smirks, sticking her tongue out and running away to the temporary conference room, instantly hiding behind Reid. “What did you do?” He asks and when Emily and Morgan step in, Morgan laughing and Emily glaring, he nods, “Hide away,” Reid states and continues mapping on the board. “We need a list of attendees from that guy,” Morgan groans and Maria instantly looks at her mom, “Twin attack?” Maria says and her moms jaw drops, “I don’t know about that-”

“Already rehearsed, it could work!” She tries reasoning and Hotch steps in, “What are you talking about?” He asks. “I specialise in undercover work. The college I went to sent me to parties to find out who was roofie-ing people, but I needed a buddy, just in case,” Maria begins and dashes over to her mom, “So mom and I dressed alike, I straightened my hair and she played the shy one while I acted completely insane and un-observant,”

Emily nodded, “I would see who put something in her drink and check their name off of a list,” Derek nods, “If you two went in together, not only could we surprise sir douchebag and get some answers out of him, we might luer in the unsub,” Hotch quickly takes the idea, “Get ready, you have an hour,” He says and the mother daughter duo look at each other with wide eyes, “You bring your contacts?” Emily asks and Maria nods, “As long as you brought your straightener,”

When JJ steps into the lockerroom to check the progress, she is shocked, “I didn’t think it was possible for you two to look even more alike,” She says the duo cheers. Both were in simple black dresses with straight hair and light makeup. The only differences being height, hair length, and Marias many tattoos.

When they step out together, Derek lets out a low whistle, “Never said you were tatted, Mini Prentiss,” He chuckles and the twenty year old shrugs, “It never came up,”

When they get to the club, Emily is quickly drawn away by the teacher, JJ following close behind. Hotch keeps an eye on them while Morgan and Reid watch over Maria from a distance. “You play ditched friend pretty well,” Derek teases through the earpiece and Reid chuckles, seeing Maria’s only reaction being her scratching her head with an inconspicuous middle finger. The males looked away for a mere second and by the time they looked back up, Maria wasn’t at the bar anymore. The males dash outside and instantly see a van driving away.

The only proof that Maria had been taken was her shoe and a discarded rag. “Shit, call Hotch,” Reid grumbles, pulling out his phone, but before he can call Maria, she calls him so he can hear the unsub grumble and breakdown.

“She knew, call Garcia and have her track Maria’s phone,” Reid states and alerts everyone over the earpiece while rushing out to the SUV, allowing Morgan to take the wheel and speed after.

“She knows what she’s doing, kid,” Morgan says, sensing the worry. “What happened?” Emily says over the group call while Garcia gives directions. “We looked away and she stepped outside. He tried chloroforming her, but she must have faked passing out,” Morgan explains.

“She’s a swimmer, she can hold her breath for four minutes,” Emily states and everyone nods, impressed. “But she doesn’t have a gun on her,” JJ adds to the conversation and Morgans foot becomes heavier on the gas pedal.

When Maria sensed she was being watched, she stepped outside and before she could sit down for the fresh air, the unsub grabbed her. She knew she wasn’t strong enough to fight back now while he was expecting it, so she played into the chloroform and pretended to breathe and pass out. 

Maria had to bite back a groan of pain when she was tossed into the back of a van and barely managed to dial Spencers phone before the unsub had crawled into the drivers seat, incoherently muttering through his breakdown.

She timed herself and began ‘waking up’ right before the vehicle stopped. She felt herself lifted and thrown over a shoulder and looked around, recognising a street name and nodding. “What’re, where-?” She slurs and the man growls, throwing her onto the floor, but that was his mistake, Maria spun and swept his feet out from under him, sending him toppling to the ground.

He tried grabbing her, but she was up in minutes, grabbing the knife he had set out before hand to use and chuckled at the cleaning supplies.

“What the hell?” He exclaimed, jumping up and running for Maria, but the agent dodged his arms and threw the knife, raising a brow as it lodged itself in his shoulder. He was too far gone to really notice and manage to grab one of Maria’s arms, pulling it behind her back. Small fact about Maria, her bones don’t break easily, but they can dislocate in a heartbeat. 

Just as she was pulling her shoulder out of place to whip around and punch the unsub in the face, the door burst down to show Morgan and Reid. “Hey, guys. How are you?” Maria says, slightly out of breath as she steps away from the unsub as he groans on the floor from his broken jaw.

“You’re a little demon, aren’t you?” Morgan chuckles and Maria laughs as he ruffles her hair before going to put the unsub in cuffs. “Did you dislocate your shoulder?” Reid asks, noticing it hanging like dead weight. “Better than him breaking it,” She half shrugs, smiling brightly when her mom, Hotch, and JJ rush in.

“Why did you go outside without saying anything?” Hotch scolds while Morgan escorts the serial killer out. “I was being watched, if I had been seen talking to the cops or myself, he would have ran. I wasn’t expecting the chloroform, but I knew I needed to trust you guys to get the message of me being gone, a random shoe, and a silent phone call,” Hotch smirks at the girl and pats her on the shoulder, “Nice going for your first case, agent Prentiss,” He states, raising a brow at the girls flinch.

“I had to dislocate my shoulder to break his jaw, no worries,” Maria grins as her mom steps over, “Same shoulder?” Emily asks and Maria nods, “As always, help me put it back?” the young agent says and braces herself as Emily pulls it out and forces it back into socket.

“For once dislocation came in handy,” Maria giggles, rolling her shoulder to relax the muscles. “Reid, take her to a medic, please,” Hotch states and Maria pouts at her boss, but lets Reid guide her to the ambulance with his hand on the small of her back. “You noticed, too?” Rossi says to Hodge and the chief smirks, “Two cases to realize they like each other, six more months to admit they’ve been dating,”

“I’ll put you in the bet,” Rossi chuckles and the two turn to Emily as she glares darkly. “I hate you guys,” she grumbles before her gaze shifts and her jaw drops. The males follow her gaze and burst out laughing, Reid was facing them with his eyes closed a giant blush because the medic had removed Maria’s dress and now she was sitting there in a bra and safety shorts while they taped up her shoulder.

“My daughter is oblivious as fuck, it’ll take a while,” Emily admits and watches as her daughter hops down from the ambulance and glares. “I wish she had been a therapist,” She adds, seeing all of the bruises from Maria getting thrown around like a ragdoll the past hour. “Why, because you need one?” Rossi says with a bright laugh. 

Hotch rolls his eyes at the two and grabs an FBI bomber jacket from the car, tossing it to Reid so they can watch him blush as he helps Maria into the jacket and even zips it up for her. “I’ve never bandaged a dislocation before,” She mumbles, not liking the lack of mobility from having her arm literally strapped to her chest.

“I have to rest it for the night,” Maria states when she walks over and Reid adds, “Plus fourteen more nights,” Maria glares at him with betrayal, “How dare you,”