2

Maria was breathing her panic away in the elevator, making sure her hair covered her earrings and her sleeves stayed stiff at her wrists to keep the tattoos covered. But she couldn't have been bothered to wear anything but her steel-toed leather boots and avoid the suit jacket.

When Emily saw her dressed that morning before leaving, she had been surprised by the appearance of actual slacks with a belt. Not to mention the button up was white and tucked in. She would have checked for a fever if she had seen her daughter in a blazer.

The moment she stepped off the elevator, her expression turned professional and Maria forced herself not to acknowledge the looks of surprise on peoples’ faces. She knew their names from pictures, but all they knew was that a second, slightly altered Emily just walked in and was heading to Hotch’s office when OG Emily was.

“Maria Prentiss,” Maria says as soon as she makes eye contact with Hotch. “SSA Agent Hotchner,” The two shook hands and Emily slowly shuffled away as the two went into the office to discuss the resume while Emily was cornered and interrogated.

After about an hour, Maria and Hotch stepped out, both grinning. “BAU, I’d like you to welcome our newest member, Maria Prentiss,”

Maria made her way to her newly assigned desk and smirked at her mom when she plopped down. “I believe the team feels a sense of betrayal,” Maria chuckles and her mom rolls her eyes. “Uh, yeah, we do,” Penelope growls while Dereke looks between the duo, “Clone with contacts,” He states while Reid steps closer, “He’s right,”

Maria’s brows’ raised as the cute one-what she had nicknamed boy genius the first time Emily showed her a picture of him-leaned up close to her face with a squinted expression. “You two have identical facial structure,” He hums, stepping back.

“Well, I have manners. I’m Rossi,” David says with a sigh, stepping forward while Maria jumps up, her smile growing wide, “I actually know who all of you are,” Maria states, tossing her bag onto her desk, “Mo-” Maria stops herself from calling Emily mom and turns to said elder, “What the hell am I supposed to call you?”

The whole room was silent for a moment before everyone except Maria burst into fits of laughter. “This isn’t funny. Not to mention we will always be called on at the same time by default,” Maria pouts and Emily’s smirk grows mischievous, “You could always, oh, I don’t know, take another semester at the college?” 

Maria narrows her eyes at her mother, “That was cold,” She states and when everyone stares with expectant expressions, Maria blushes, “That was in reference to me getting bored at college ten credits before the PhD,”

“You don’t randomly spout facts, do you? Or statistics?” Morgan asks before a thought occurs to everyone, “How old are you?” Penelope adds to the question. Maria shrugs, “My random facts are usually discomforting things about animals and the human body. I don’t think about statistics because they cause me panic, and I am freshly twenty,”

“Just what we need, another kid genius,” Derek says with a shake of his head and while Spencer and Emily look at him with challenging expressions, Maria scoffs, “I take offense to the word genius. I’m secretly an idiot,” She states and Penelope grins brightly, “I forgive you for not telling me of her existence. I love sassy Mini-Prentiss,”