35

I can't sleep no more
In my head, we belong
And I can't be without you
Why can't I find no one like you?

//

The bass from the the speakers of the club shot vibrations through my chest and the palms of my hands as I grasped the metal pole with my whole manicured hand

I moved my body with the beat of the song, slowly touching up and down my oiled skin.

The liquor in my body helped with the uncomfortable knowledge that there were several eyes that had nothing but lustful and bad intentions behind them.

If I hadn't taken shots I knew for a fact that I would be to the brink of tears right about now but now I felt numb.

Like I have been for the past two years

After I left California two years ago I came to the city of dreams otherwise known as New York, and let me tell you that there was no such thing called dreams here unless you knew someone or had copious amounts of money, in which I had neither.

So I found myself a job here at sugars, at first I was extremely apprehensive but I knew I had no other choice, do to my job history and I needed an income and a place as soon as possible.

I try not to think too much about the past but it haunts me at unknown times like right now.

If it weren't for the young looking man staring at me with his red hair I wouldn't have even thought twice about him.

I don't like to say his name anymore, in fear that I will get too attached to the past that I will start searching them up, keeping tabs on what him and ash were doing now.

And I knew I would break my own heart at the point.

Fuck I'm thinking too much

Pushing my thoughts away, I slowly lower myself to the ground, getting on my knees I feel the cool stage on my burning skin.

Licking my lips I make eye contact with a curly headed man in all black, with a chain sitting perfectly on his chest, he is leaned all the way in his seat, his arms stretched he'd over the u shaped chair with a sucker sitting in the front of his mouth, he gives me a look that I am all too familiar with.

Crawling towards the edge of the circular shaped stage with slow movements still not removing my eyes from the curly headed man.

A small smirk erupts from the corner of his mouth, while leaning forward to meet my face closer.

The closer he is to me the more my heart started to pump my blood faster through my body.
It's almost like he oozed power from his body and I couldn't tell if it made me want him or if I wanted to be him.