four: puzzle completed

Aladdin and Ginu gulped the transparent liquid in one go. As the liquid passed down their throat, with a burning sensation, the vile of the poison, slipped from their hands, shattering to pieces, as soon as they touched the floor. Aladdin and Ginu started feeling dizzy already.

Yasmine and the Toli, along with Ammi, ran quickly as they could, to reach to Aladdin and Ginu, and surprise them with Ammi. Yes, Yasmine and Toli revealed Aladdin and Ginu's truth to Ammi. Their eyes were longing to look at the two. They were happily going towards Aladdin's room, they heard glass shattering. Fear engulfed them, when they heard a faint whimper of pain, in Ginu's voice.

Gini Mini and Yasmine started feeling uneasy, and the glass shattering was worsening it. They rushed towards the source of the voice, which was Aladdin's room. As they reached the room, the sight in front of them knocked the breath out of their lungs. Aladdin and Ginu stood their dizzy; supporting each other and preventing the other from falling, violently coughing. They were about to fall down when Yasmine and Gini Mini held Aladdin and Ginu, respectively, and laid their head in their lap.

Aladdin had started coughing a bit of blood, his fingers were clenched into a fist, out of excruciating pain. Ginu's condition was still better, but he was still coughing vigorously. Both of them were starting to turn cold. Yasmine couldn't see Aladdin in a condition like this.

Yasmine's Pov

His eyes were a dark shade of green, with a faint hazel, totally opposite from when I had seen those for the first time. His pupils always dilated when he saw mine, mine did too, but his were visible, because of his hazel eyes. His eyes reflected deep sorrow, agony and... satisfaction. In spite of bearing such intense pain he still had a small smile on. I knew he wouldn't take care of himself, when we were abducted, but I didn't expect this condition. His knuckles were covered with dried blood and deep scratches. What was this boy made of?

He was separated from me, the toli, and from what I know even Sheikh Ginu from a long time, until now. He lived with the impression of being a murderer, in Baghdad's eyes, for more than a year. The Baghdad he even could give his life for. Even after I sentenced him to death, he still loves me, and always saves me, from any possible trouble.

He has always hit with taunts, from his childhood, of being the son of a betrayer. I worsened it for him, and still he loves me. What is this boy really made of?

I shook myself out of my thoughts when I felt something tugging on my wrist.

End of Yasmine's Pov

Ammi's Pov

I couldn't believe my ears when Sultana and the three djinns told me that Ali Saheb and Junaid Ji were none other than Aladdin and Ginu. They had been protecting me from all the dangers that came to me. They were right in front of me the whole time, still I didn't recognise them.

Today when I saw Aladdin and Ginu's eyes, I didn't find the innocence in them, instead there was experience, maturity, responsibility and... satisfaction. My sons grew up, they really grew up in the last year.

Aladdin isn't the same boy who lived in the moment, now he calculates each moment before he lives it. Ginu isn't the same too.

My chain of thoughts was broken by Aladdin and Ginu saying something.

End of Ammi's Pov

Jini Mini's Pov

When we came in bhaijaan's room, what I saw in front of me was very heartbreaking. Bhaijaan and Ginu were coughing violently, and were about to fall, Aaka (Sultana) and me held them, before they could fall.

Ginu's eyes, were filled with pain, longing and... satisfaction. Seeing him in this condition really pained me.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when bhaijaan started saying something.

End of Gini Mini's Pov

Aladdin asked,"Zafar ne *cough* tum sabko chhod *cough* diya?" Yasmine said,"Haa usne hume achanak se chhod diya Toli ki chize bhi hume de di. Pata nahi kyu?" Ginu said,"Chalo usne toh apna vada pura kiya." Aladdin widened his eyes and said,"Ginu?!" Ginu shut his eyes as if he was caught red handed. Gini Mini asked,"Kaunsa vada?" Ammi asked,"Aladdin Ginu batau kaunsa vada? Tum dono ki yeh halaat kaise hui?" Yasmine said,"Kalechor, Sheikh Ginu hume sab sach sach bataiye!" Aladdin and Ginu nodded negatively.

Ammi was about to say something when Bulbul Chacha came and said,"Ladle, Ginu mujhe sab sach batana padega." Aladdin said,"Bulbul Chacha nahi!" Bulbul Chacha said,"Nahi ladle inn sabka haq hai ki voh sach jaane. Mujhe sab batana padega." Bulbul Chacha said,"Ladle aur Ginu ne ek sauda kiya tha Zafar ke saath. Ki voh zeher pi lenge aur Zafar, Sultana aur Toli ko chhod dega."

Yasmine and the Toli looked at Aladdin and Ginu with teary eyes. Yasmine said,"Aap dono ne humare liye yeh-" Aladdin said,"Tumhare liye nahi, *cough* mere liye. Mai aur Ginu ghutan *cough* me nahi jee paate. Ki mere *cough* aur Ginu ke paas mauka tha *cough* tum sab ko bachane ka *cough* lekin humne vo *cough* gava diya." Ginu said,"Sahi kaha *cough* bhai ne."

Now Aladdin and Ginu's eyes were getting heavy. Ammi said,"Itne vakt ke baad mile ho inn sab me kyu vakt barbaad kar rahe ho? Achi baate karo na." Aladdin said,"Ammi itne *cough* vakt se kuch acha *cough* hua hi nahi hai. Achi *cough* baate kya karenge?" Aladdin's eyes were almost closing now while Ginu still was awake. Yasmine noticed this and said,"Kalechor tum kitne aalsi ho hum sab abhi hi toh mile hai aur tumhe neend aa rahi hai. Chalo hum sab baate karte hai."

Aladdin understood that she was trying to keep him awake so he decided to get everything which he had buried inside himself. Aladdin said,"Tumhe pata hai Nakchadi, mera bachpan se ek sapna tha ki ek din meri Ammi garv se kahe ki mai unka beta hu. Sab log mujhe Aladdin ki tarah dekhe, na hi kisi gaddar ke bete ki tarah. Mujhe pata tha ki mere abbu bekasur hai lekin mai kabhi saabit nahi kar paya. Pehle toh Ammi ko sirf Abbu ke liye taane milte the lekin phir meri vajah se bhi milne lage. Uss din se mai khud ki aakhon me bhi nahi dekh pata tha. Lekin aaj voh Aladdin jo Ammi ka shararati beta tha, voh Aladdin jisne tumse mohobbat ki thi, voh Aladdin jo maasuum tha, voh vaapis zinda hua hai. Bas zyaada vakt tak nahi rahega."

Everyone was crying when Aladdin stopped speaking, including Ginu. Aladdin was relieved the weight of a truckload of hidden emotions was lifted of his shoulders, he could happily die now. Everyone was sobbing listening to Aladdin's confession. Listening to the story of a burdened son slashed of his innocence and dreams by cruel situations. Aladdin was a victim of situations, of course the Toli, Yasmine and Ammi weren't the culprits of Aladdin solely but they sure did contribute. They unintentionally pushed Aladdin into extreme situations which led to drastic steps.

Phew! Enough for the chapter. I hope you liked it. I know I didn't do justice to Aladdin's confession because I'm not an expert at portraying emotions. Also Aladdin's character has many layers. A son pushed to the harsh realities of life, a lover who's love was put to the test, a brother burdened with responsibilities, overall a boy who had to learnt the lesson of life the hard way. Enough of my rant, what do you think will happen next? Tell me in the comments!

Vote and Comment.

Stay tuned for the next chapter! Now Bye!