Chapter 17 - When you wish upon a star

Colbie Caillat – Falling For You

Maddie’s lips were tingling simply from the memory of Jasper’s kiss, it had been a day since the two of them had locked lips in her bedroom. They’d only had one lesson together today – English Lit – and it was incredibly hard to not give anything away. Ali was in the lesson and was still giving them both the evil eyes, making it a lot harder to hold hands under the table. It was however easy for him to ask her out on a date tonight.

She’d been waiting all day to see Jasper again, their timetables were completely different; while Maddie finished at lunchtime and headed home to do some work, Jasper was in Economic followed by politics. Unfortunately she hadn’t managed to get much work done, being in her bedroom had brought back all the memories of the kiss and all she could do was sit there with a stupid grin on her face.

When she hadn’t gotten any work done she’d taken a shower and gotten changed in anticipation for their date, now all she had to do was wait for him to arrive.

Ding Dong!

Her heart began to race as she grabbed her things and rushed downstairs. “I’ll get it!” She pulled the door open wide and was disappointed when she didn’t see Jasper on her doorstep but instead his little sister. “Oh hi Lucy, Kate’s in the lounge if you want to go through.” Maddie was about to close the door when she noticed a familiar hand waving from outside her garden gate, the top of a head came into view along with two deep blue eyes.

As she closed the front door behind her and walked down the steps she felt a smile spread across her face. By the time she reached the street it had turned into an enormous grin that would put the Cheshire cat to shame. Her heart hadn’t stopped pounding since the doorbell had rung and it only increased when she stood a few inches away from Jasper.

He stood in jeans, converse and the black jacket she’d borrowed from him all those days ago in the park. Jasper took his hands out of his pockets and pulled her behind a bush away from the prying eyes of their two sisters who were no doubt spying on them through the lounge window. His right hand brushed her waist as his left moved up to cup her face, he looked her straight in the eyes and grinned lopsidedly as he leaned down to kiss her.

Too soon he pulled back and she pulled his face back down to hers. “No, I need a little more.” As soon as her lips brushed his he pulled away from her again, grinning even wider than before.

“I can’t otherwise we’re going to be late.” He pulled her right hand into his and kissed the back of it, they began walking up the street hand in hand.

“Late for what?” Maddie asked as she looked up at Jasper.

“Ah, that’s for me to know and for you to find out.” He joked to himself, Maddie twisted his arm behind his back in a way she knew would hurt like hell. “Okay, okay! We’re going to the revival cinema, they’re showing all the John Hughes’ films, tonight is Pretty in Pink.” She let him get his arm back into a comfortable position but didn’t let go of his hand, it felt completely comfortable and natural there.

Pretty in Pink, that’s one of my favourite films.” Maddie looked up at him surprised.