I had a good time

There is no sign of Chaeyoung is seen when Jungkook got out of the restaurant looking for her. The buildings around the road are making Jungkook wonder if she runs into any of them to make it hard for him to locate her. He turns to the left and right thinking of which way she took before someone calls his name.

"Hey, JK.", he turns to see Jieun standing in front of him. "You look like you're chasing something..or someone.", she adds as she sees his tensed face.

"Yes, I chase someone. Did you see someone with blonde hair running out from the restaurant, Jieun?", he asks directly to her.

"Oh...I think I saw...a person running to the alley there.", Jieun answers him while pointing to the alley on the opposite side of the road.

"Thanks.", he says before he continue running to find Chaeyoung in the alley.

When he gets there, he tries to look around but it is a bit dark and warmer in there.

"Chaeyoung..", he tries to call her but he gets no reply.

Knowing that it will not work, he takes out his phone and uses it to give some light for him to see around. Just when he points his phone to the front, he sees someone's back around 50 meters away from him. He looks carefully to the hair and clothes before running to get to her.

"Chaeyoung!", he lightly touched her hand stopping her from walking further into the dark alley. "Please stop. I didn't bring you here to see you run away like this.", he tells her before she pulls her hand away from his touch.

"Go away! Just leave me alone!", she shouts at him and hits him wanting him to step out from her way.

"Chaeyoung, please..don't run away. You don't know this place. You'll be in danger if I leave you alone.", he tells her making her stop hitting him.

She looks to the dark view in front of her and quickly looks away thinking of walking back to the road earlier.

"You asked me why I bring you here. I want you to meet Jimin, your old friend.", he tells her making her to react with widened eyes at him. "Before you ask me how I know, I'll tell you first. Jimin hyung told me about you and him after Rosé showed up few weeks ago in front of me.", he continues while making sure he can see her face clearly using the light from his phone.

Chaeyoung looks down to the ground before mumbling, "But she's not showing up now when I need her."

"What is it?", he asks as he could not hear her clearly.

"No, nothing.", Chaeyoung quickly replies him.

"Let's go back in the restaurant.", Jungkook tries to talk to her softly as he can see her face softened at the moment. "Jimin hyung wants to talk with you. Give him a chance to explain, Chaeyoung.", he adds as he holds her hand assuring her that everything will be alright.

Chaeyoung does not pull away this time but he sees that she is about to cry. "Will you look out for me? I might run away again...or let my alter take over me.", she says to him as she gets worried of the possibilities that will happen if she faces Jimin.

Jungkook smiles and brings her into his arms for a comforting embrace. "I will. I promise.", he says to her before they head back to the restaurant together.

🌻🌻🌻

When the surprise birthday celebration almost ends, Jungkook brings Chaeyoung to the veranda where Jimin is seen standing there waiting for her. Before he leaves Chaeyoung there, he tells her that he will watch her from the door while guarding it from others' interruption. Then, he tells her to go to Jimin before he closes the door on her.