don't be like me

It is a good news for Chaeyoung to know from Jungkook that he finally found his long lost mother. Same goes to Jungkook, he feels utterly happy with the good news from the investigator he hired since a year ago. However, his face still does not show the happiness he felt so Chaeyoung gives him a hug and asks him why he looks sad instead of happy.

"I'm happy. I'm just...too shocked. I've looked for her since I started to receive my first paycheck as a professional footballer, Chae. Since then, there were so many different investigators I hired but none of them found her. Now...I really found her here in Sydney.", he tells her as he stays in her comforting embrace. "It feels like a miracle, Chae. It's like...fate wants me to find her now...when I'm here.", he adds as he tries not to cry out of happiness in front of her.

"Is that why you look like this? You want to cry, do you?", she asks him as she rubs his back. "Just cry if you want to, Kookie. It's happy tears, right?", she tells him as she slowly lets go of him to see his face.

Jungkook smiles a little at her, "My mom wants to see me."

His words make Chaeyoung to smile back at him. "That's good. When? We still have two days here. You can go and meet her. I'll go out with Jisoo unnie and Jin oppa.", Chaeyoung says to him.

Jungkook shakes his head and tells her, "Can you come with me? Tomorrow night near Darling Harbour."

"M..me? Why...should I be there? I mean...you're meeting your mom, Jungkook.."

"I wanted to show you to her. You're my girlfriend and she's supposed to be one of the first to know, don't you think so?", Jungkook tells her his reason as he hopes that she will agree to go and meet his mother with him.

🌻🌻🌻

The whole squad of Seoul FC is going back to South Korea but one person is missing from the media radar. Seoul FC won the game over Sydney FC in Australia with Jungkook scoring a hat trick there. The media is welcoming the team to congratulate him for being recognized as the Man of the Match for the group stage of AFC Champions League there. However, the man they waited for at the airport never showed up.

Jisoo and Seokjin look at the couple in front of them with a disbelief look. Jungkook sees their face expressions as Chaeyoung is combing his hair for the meeting with his mother later. He asks the elders why they give him that look and they show him the phone screen.

"You really became a hot topic for not showing up at the airport, Kook.", Seokjin says as he zooms in the article at the part where it said that Jungkook is nowhere to be seen with his teammates that arrived that afternoon.

"What?", Chaeyoung is the one replying to Seokjin while Jungkook could only smile in respond to him.

"You know how your boyfriend scored hat trick and became man of the match, right? The media in Korea are all looking for him and they don't have a single clue that he's not coming home yet. He's a bad boy, don't you think, Chaeng?", Jisoo says as she smirks at her.

Chaeyoung could only say 'oh' in return as she fixed the collar of Jungkook's white shirt.

"I told the management team and Jimin hyung that I'll be staying here longer so...it's their lost not to find out from them first before waiting for me at the airport.", Jungkook says before he takes Chaeyoung's hand in his and turn themselves to face the Kims. "Okay, hyung, noona. Do we look good together?", he asks them with a big smile formed on his face.

Both Seokjin and Jisoo make a face as if they are thinking hard while looking at Jungkook and Chaeyoung.

"Do you guys have to look that serious?", Chaeyoung asks as she feels awkward of being looked at by them without hearing a word from them.