Chapter 3 Forever for Now

Author notes: English is not my first language, so please forgive my mistakes and awkward writing. This is NOT for profit. I don't own them. AU (as in Alternate Universe) and maybe OOC (as in Out of Character).

Author notes 2: My eternal gratitude to @JJSin2020 for editing this.

Author Notes 3: The song is Forever For Now by LP

Thanks for the votes and comments! They really encourage me.

Today was Friday and Yi Bo was alone in their hotel room, waiting impatiently for Zhan to arrive. Another non-descript space, tastefully decorated but totally impersonal. They were at a stage in their arrangement where they wouldn't always arrive together, but they would meet at their designated room. He lay down on the bed both hands behind his nape forcefully avoiding thinking about what future would hold for him.

Outside, fall had arrived in full force, the brown leaves that littered the streets gave faithful testimony of the inexorable march of time. They had met for the first time near the end of summer, and sometimes, Yi Bo wished time would slow down just a little bit, just enough for him to enjoy this a little longer.

Zhan was running late today. He had called him beforehand to let him know. It was a rare occurrence, but Bo knew Zhan had valid reasons, he had never been purposely inconsiderate to him, never keeping him waiting.

More than three months had passed since their first encounter and Yi Bo's need for Zhan's touch had exponentially increased. He still couldn't understand what had possessed him to approach Zhan that fateful night. He had always been a reserved person, and yet...

He had just dropped his friend Seungjoo, a foreign exchange student from Korea that was in his department, at the Mix and Mingle party. He was planning to go back home to sleep when he saw that ethereal looking man smoking a cigarette right on the street, obviously unaware of the alluring image he presented to the world. How someone could look powerful yet vulnerable in their own beauty? Yi Bo hadn't found the answer yet.

He was grateful for his boldness that night, the stolen moments shared with Zhan when he had been graced by Zhan's touches and kisses, when he had seen Zhan's beautiful face contorted in pleasure had been more than worthy. These moments were hidden treasures, imprinted into his mind forever. These purloined instants were just for him. He hoped those memories would be enough to get him through his life in the future.

Meeting every Friday night had become a habit for them. After their second serendipitous encounter, Yi Bo had called him and Zhan had agreed to meet him next Friday, and then the following one and every Friday after that. Desire consumed both of them in every occasion as they freely shared their bodies with each other.

Sometimes he wished Zhan had only shared his body with him and not his dreams or his intimate secrets as well. He had glimpsed into Zhan's mind and soul and found him even more breathtaking. The small snippets of life that Zhan had shared with him were unexpected gifts presented to him in a delectable wrap. From trivial information like that Zhan only smoked when he was truly nervous, to mind shattering knowledge such as the fact that Zhan was a true switch, so he enjoyed the same being a top or a bottom while having sex. When Zhan shared that information with him, Bo's legs had gone weak.

As for his dreams, Zhan had been overworking lately to meet a deadline. He was vying for an internship in Japan after graduation. Zhan had confided to him that since he was a teenager dreaming of becoming an architect, he had admired the work of the Japanese architect Ando Tadao. Now, an opportunity to apply for an internship at his idol's architecture firm came up and Zhan put an immensurable effort on his work just to be able to participate. His project needed to be submitted today and Zhan had finished it just on time.