ー 95

I called Reese on my way back to Manila, so I could drop by at her condo. I felt she was the only one with whom I could spill my thoughts and feelings, so I asked her, and she straight away said yes.

"What the hell? Why do you look so...uhm...What happened to you?" she asked wearily.

I went all the way inside and hauled myself on the chair on her minibar instead of responding to her. I heard her footsteps approaching me. She perched on the chair next beside me, looking totally puzzled at how I behaved.

"Wait, no! Not that one! Are you trying to kill yourself?" she slapped my hand to stop myself from getting the strongest alcohol she had.

"This. You can drink this."

I decided not to argue with her as it would only prolong myself from drinking alcohol. I made sure that the glass was full before drinking it.

"Woah, slow down! Why are you drinking so much? This is so unlike you, Ezra Walter."

I was about to drink again, but she snatched the glass out of my hand and placed it elsewhere where I couldn't reach. Instead, I attempted to drink from the bottle, but she did the same.

I glared at her. She looked at me seriously, raising her right eyebrow.

"Stop drinking and tell me why the hell are you acting this way?"

I grunted as I leaned back on the chair to relax my back, gaining all the courage to speak about what was troubling me. "You know about my dream, don't you?"

She rolled her eyes then she rested her chin on her palms. "Yes, hundred percent, and that's entirely the reason why we were engaged."

"I don't think It's still my dream," my voice came out low.

"Really?" she asked skeptically. Her eyes widen while her hands were covering her mouth. "Oh my god. What exactly is happening? Tell me about it. Dali."

I chuckled. How come she was still optimistic when Jupiter broke her heart so terribly? That's what I wanted to ask her, but I knew she wasn't comfortable talking about it.

Before speaking, I swallowed a lump in my throat. "For 10 years, it has been my dream. I can't believe it has so easily faltered."

"Ezra, it's just a dream. What's the big deal if your dream changes? No one is going to criticize you. If someone did, then I won't just sit back," she said. I continued to stare at the glass on my hands, trying to keep myself from looking vulnerable.

"Dreams are meant to change. Change is inevitable, Ezra, so is dreams. Just because you abandon your dreams, doesn't actually mean you're incapable. Not because you don't deserve it, but because you're supposed to do something different."

"And that is what you are feeling right now. It's because of Clio, right?" I nodded absentmindedly.

"I knew it. They are cousins, 'di ba?" she asked again. I nodded as I knew whom she was referring to.

"Wow. I can't believe we're both suffering from those two," she gasped.I faintly smirked. Such a coincidence.

"Well, truthfully, it was not your dream, after all."

As she turned her body towards me, I glanced at her side. "A decade has gone by, Ez. Why aren't you trying to get over her?"

I avoided her gaze and sighed heavily. "I tried, but I failed," I whispered.

"Then try again until you succeed. You can't just give up that easily," she reprimanded me like what a mother does to her child.

"It is not as easy as you think it is," I said, stopping myself from getting upset.

"I know, but you? You, being like this won't help. I'm sure Clara would not like seeing you miserable because of her,"

"Mentioning her name is unnecessary,"

"It's a way to get used to it. If you're going to keep avoiding her name, then you're not going to move on,"

The tension which had lingered for minutes was washed away by silence. We both spaced out for a moment, looking at an empty space momentarily.

"Why do you think Clio appeared in your life out of the blue?" asked Reese slowly.

Her words made me think of countless of overwhelming reasons why Clio came into the picture randomly. Before meeting her, my life was steady. It was mediocre. All of my goals in life were organized and well-planned. I was confident of what I desired and what I was seeking to accomplish. I was positive about what I was going to do after college and for years to come, but when she appeared, it all changed and I'm not complaining.

I was able to see a new light. A whole new perspective in life in which I have been able to understand things that I have not been able to learn before. I was able to love myself even a bit. I was able to enjoy life.

It was all because of Clio.

Ideas rushed into my mind, but I was afraid to put them into action. The thought of having to adjust frightened me. I was too comfortable in my comfort zone that I feel bad for stepping outside of it.

"Now I think you've got an idea," Reese smirked. "You should quit blaming yourself. It was her choice, not yours. Jude just made you believe it was your fault because he was in distress. He couldn't think clearly."

"I heard he came to your birthday party?" she asked.

"Hmm," I murmured.

"Have you two talked?" I shook my head. "Hmm, I don't think you're ever going to solve your problem at this rate, and I've also discovered that he was Clio's ex. What's your say about that?"

"I'm fine with it, " I replied. Her eyes widen in shock. "They're over though," I added.

She looked at me, confused. "You're fine with it? Are you certain?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" I questioned her back.

"Jeez. The history is repeating itself," Reese mocked and left me all alone in her living room.

//;
hi! i apologize for not updating
often for the past weeks as I
lost the motivation to write :(

i also apologize for making the
plot mediocre and unexciting,
but if someone is still reading
this book, thank you so much!
i'll promise to finish this book.

stay safe and take a break from
the things that down you. hope
you aren't stress from online
classes ♡