chapter nine.

as the fifth week fades, it smoothly transitions
to the sixth, with a new twist. a strange one, at that. the main artist, the head of the studio, asks the students to find their own partners which led both alice and joslyn were left to be paired up.

and so, the two were close and the worst part of it was that, they're both different things—one was into abstract and the other had a noir-ish kind of vibe. a struggle, but they need to work on a piece together while also individually their own paintings. joslyn sighs and alice only smiled weakly, they're both not in the best shape, and it clearly shows.

a subtle smirk forms in the head instructor's lips, as he casually announces to move the new date is in three week's time. a time almost long enough to know each, while also short enough to paint and compliment each other's paintings.

the rest of the day was spent on spending time with each other, but, for alice and joslyn, it was spent on being both awkward and silence fell on them. so much so, joslyn kept on fidgeting around and alice noticed it.

“hey... joslyn, right?” alice began, joslyn only nods, “are you okay? i've noticed you've been fidgeting,” she continued, joslyn again nods. “i'm okay, i'm just worried about our collaboration though,” she says, alice hums and nods, “well, we can start by talking and learning more about each other?” she suggested and joslyn seemed to like the idea.

and so, a few hours gave them more than enough time to appreciate each other more; so much so, they've learned a lot from each other, from their dislikes to likes—it turns out, they have a lot in common. from music taste to their fave foods.

“alright! time's up! it's time to leave, the studio
is about to shut down—please thank the head
instructor before you go and please do not waste your time in doing anything else, this collab and your own individual pieces are your final exam.”the head instructor says, as he gestures to the guy who owns the studio and stresses out the importance of their final exam.

the students agreed in chorus as they left and
did exactly what they were told. leaving joslyn
and alice last as they do the same and leave,
they've decided to find a middle ground so they can work on their collaboration together with ease.

a/n; not me keep switching names,
im so sorry. also last chapter is
coming!! and a special but tragic
ending 💔 so watch out for that!