Chapter Four | Realize

Salzburg, Austria

Carmen awoke first an hour and a half later. She assumed that she'd fallen asleep and what had happened with Jules had been a dream. She was about to get up and drag herself out of bed, but something restricted her from sitting herself up. Something, or rather, someone was still holding onto her.

Carmen opened her eyes slowly and saw that Jules had fallen asleep right by her side, this made Carmen smile fondly at her. Carmen lifted her hand and placed it on Julia's cheek, giving her a soft peck on the forehead.

Julia's eyes flickered open, "C-Carmen?"

After a quick moment, Julia's confusion turned to realization, and that realization caused her cheeks to turn a pale shade of pink.

"Remember now?" Carmen joked as she wiggled her eyebrows. She then leaned into her ear, "We kissed," she whispered.

Julia grabbed a pillow and shoved it into Carmen's face, "Shut up!".

"Hey! You can't do that to your girlfriend!" Carmen said in a tone of fake betrayal.

Julia smirked as she rose from the bed, hands on her hips, "And you have no right to make me so flustered, yet here we are,".

A mischievous smile crossed Carmen's lips as she grabbed Julia from behind and dragged her down on the bed along with her. Julia fell, back down onto Carmen's stomach and laughed. Carmen laughed too, wrapping her arms around Julia.

"Carmen? What's going on in there?"

Ivy.

Carmen and Julia quickly broke apart as the redhead opened the door. As soon as Ivy laid eyes on them, they were standing five feet apart looking awkwardly at her.

"Um, so is anyone gonna tell me what's so funny?" Ivy asked.

Julia paused before blurting, "Inside joke, you wouldn't get it,".

Ivy nodded and closed the door behind her.

Carmen let out a sigh of relief, "Close call, huh Jules?".

She looked to her side to see that Julia was now sitting on the bed, head in her hands.

"Jules?" Carmen asked, a sad tremble in her voice.

Julia let herself collapse on the bed and it flopped when Carmen did the same, "I know it was my idea, but how long are we going to keep this a secret?".

"I don't like this either, we'll only do this as long as we need to," Carmen paused, "Besides, I can't wait for everyone to know you're my girlfriend,".

Julia smiled at that and jumped off the bed, "Well, I need to go change, see you at dinner, Carmen,".

With that, Carmen's blue-haired girlfriend left the room.

A Few Hours Later: Late Afternoon, Sundown

The group sat in a booth at a restaurant near their hotel. Zack and Ivy sat on one side, Carmen and Julia on the other. Shadowsan sat in a chair the waiter had pulled over for him. Zack and Shadowsan were thoroughly reading their menus while Ivy tried to make origami with a napkin. Julia was hard at work, conversing with Player and buying entrances for Mozart's birthplace. Carmen was attempting to read her menu, but kept trying to steal glances of Julia at the same time. Carmen was dressed in her usual red hoodie and black shirt. While Julia was in her newly made outfit. The other three kept their normal outfits, as usual.

"Hallo," The waiter greeted as he looked at the group.

The waiter introduced himself as Ben and took their order. As soon as he was done and walked away, Carmen gave everyone her 'I mean business look'.