Chapter Six | Choice

Salzburg, Austria

"Tigress!?" Carmen blurted out, clearly both annoyed and angry at the same time.

Meanwhile, Julia paced at the back end of the room, her face cupped in her hands. Her thoughts buzzed around in her mind, the anxiety building.

She had no idea what to think, their secret was out, they were vulnerable, without weapons or help, what were they to do!?

The tiger themed operative sneered, "You're secret's out Carmen, you're defenseless and I'm here to make sure you never get in the way of VILE's plans again!".

Carmen rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

Julia continued to pace back and forth, muttering her calming mantra and trying to keep herself centered. Sadly, it did her no favours.

"Can she like shut up?! She's annoying and I can't think with her just muttering like an insecure teenager," Tigress whined, groaning and muttering something under her breath.

Carmen scowled, "Don't talk about my girlfriend like that!".

Both Julia and Carmen's eyes went wide. Now VILE knew the biggest secret they held and could use it against them.

"Oh right forgot that you're like gay and dating her," Tigress said, adding disgust on the words 'gay' and 'her'.

Carmen couldn't take any more crap from Tigress, "I'm not gay! And Jewel's ten million times better than you'll ever hope to be!".

She raised an eyebrow in response, "Seriously?".

"I'm bi, shut up," Carmen fumed.

Tigress scoffed, "Seriously? I don't know what's worse, the fact you're not trying to fight me right now or the fact that you're dating her,".

"You know, Tigress, I took you for a lot of things, but homophobic was not one of them. I guess I can still learn new things about you!" Carmen spat.

Tigress made a mocking face, "Whatever Carmen, I really don't care, because soon, you'll be gone and VILE won't have to worry about you anymore,".

"You seem pretty sure about that, yet I don't see any backup and you haven't been too lucky apprehending me in the past," she laughed in reply.

Carmen gave Tigress an angry stare, Tigress returned it and crossed her arms, putting on a cruel smirk of hers.

Julia couldn't believe was was going on right now. Tigress had somehow found their hotel room, broke in, and apprehended them. Why hadn't she fought back by now? Carmen knew what she was doing, right?

"Carm?" she spoke up, voice small.

The brunette turned her head and gave Julia a reassuring smile, "Yes, Jules?".

"I'm scared," she whispered so Tigress wouldn't hear.

Carmen turned to completely face Julia, "I'll protect you, I promise".

Carmen was so lost in Julia's eyes, they were so scared, so nervous. She knew that Jules got anxious sometimes, especially considering the people she used to work around. She wanted nothing more to hug Julia, to tell her that everything would be alright, that she would protect her forever. But Julia was strong, and as much as Carmen wanted to protect Julia, she could protect herself. But why had she broken down now? Before she'd been so bold up against Tigress, now she was pacing in the back of the room and freaking out. Maybe it was the costume? Maybe she felt out of the role? Maybe-

But she never finished her train of thought.

"Carmen!"

She was pushed to the side, collapsing on the floor, and hitting her head up against the edge of the table.