sneak peek : real life

A/N: hello! it's been a while since i uploaded, i know. my laptop died so i had to send it to get repared and it took some weeks, plus i strated college again and on top of that i have a writer's block and everything i write is shitty at best, but oh well that's life. 

i'm writing the chapter, but it's taking some time so i thought i'd give you something to look forward to while you wait. stay healthy and take care xx!!

"What are you smiling at?" Josie whispers.

"My father always says that every artist finds its muse." Hope recalls. She had been nine and suffering from an artistic block so bad she had started crying. Klaus sat her on his lap, facing the white canvas he had in front of him. He whispered those words as he caressed her hair. She had watched him draw and paint them. A reflection of them forever immortalized on the canvas that hung on her room. " I always thought it was something abstract. A place, a feeling, a sunset even. But now I know what he means. Now I realise he was just talking about a beautiful girl."

"You can't say things like that and not expect me to now want to kiss you."

"Kiss me then." Hope whispers back, hands on her waist as the brunette on her lap shifts to straddle her.

And so Josie does. The kiss is slow, unrushed, it's a lazy Sunday and they have time for it. Josie cups Hope's jaw, angling her head to get more access. Hope's hands run up and down her sides until they sneak under the tank top, leaving goosebumps under her touch. Josie bites down on her lip, earning a groan of approval from the girl underneath her. If Hope hadn't felt drunk from the kiss before, she would surely get drunk on the giggle that escaped Josie's lips.

"Say yes." She says against her lips.

"To spend the summer with you in New Orleans? Yes, yes, yes. A million times yes."