CODE GREEN

I watched her from afar.

Black Sheep.

Taken in by Coach Brunt, one of the main VILE instructors, she was coddled from a young age until she finally convinced Brunt to allow her to enlist in the academic studies that the school provided.

Now she was walking side by side with Crackle, one of her main acquaintances, who was all for Black Sheep being a student here. They walked through the hallway and Crackle stopped at the door since he wasn't the same level as Black Sheep was. He stood there for a moment, watching the latter enter the classroom.

I comb my fingers through my unruly hair and clear my throat, narrowing my eyes at her approaching figure. She intrigued me, if I was being perfectly honest with myself. She was a top student, bumping the other students down as her name raced up the charts. Her level of capability was incredible and I think everyone could see that. I could practically smell the potential she gave off.

"May I sit here?" she asked me, and I furrow my eyebrows, giving her a short nod in response.

The girl slid into the seat beside me, and I could see she was slightly intimidated by me, although she put on a very good poker face I must confess.

"I'm Parrot," I introduce myself, rolling the ends of my lips into my mouth as I realized she had rarely even seen me, let alone knew who I was. And to be fair, I blended into the rainforest that VILE was, just like a parrot. My bright colors were the same as the environment the academy had. I camouflaged myself with the similar behaviors others had.

And that was perfect.

I was noticed enough but not enough to be a target or anything.

Being known has its perks depending on how you're known. Are you infamous? Is your name uttered with a flake of grace or is it with a bitter indifference?

The thing is, you don't know how people will know you if they do, so it's always better to stay hidden in the shadows of plain sight. That was my life motto.

I turn around to Black Sheep, curiously watching her for most of the class's duration.

There was something different about her from the other students at VILE.

Something that piqued my interest rather well.

I wanted to know who this Black Sheep really was.