CHAPTER TWO

Black Sheep slipped into the room, her feet slamming into the floor at a hurried pace as she rushed into the dorm.

"...your?" I heard her faintly murmur, and I was extremely confused.

Who the heck could she be talking to? There was nobody in that room except for her. Chills ran up both of my arms and I rubbed my fingers over the cold skin, a few goosebumps melting under my hand's warmth.

Her voice chattered on for a couple more minutes, until it suddenly cut off and I yelped in surprise as she clamped a hand around my wrist. "Parrot!" she declared, her gaze hardening. "What are you doing spying on me? Don't you have business parroting?"

She was most likely referring to the fact that I made it a hobby of mine to talk people's mouths off. It was a weakness of mine I suppose.

I tended to chat a lot and lose track of time as well as ramble on about subjects no one ever seems to really be interested about.

On the bright side, it made people so tired of me that it could ward them off.

I shake my head and pair it with a nonchalant shrug, as if I hadn't just been sneaking around behind her and spying on her purely because of my agog instincts. "Uh, it isn't what it looks like."

Black Sheep stared at me, an eyebrow quirked up.

Her hair was longer, I noted, since when she first enrolled into the academy roughly a year ago.

"Isn't what it looks like? Go on and explain what it is then," she ordered me, pulling me by the wrist into the room and closing the door, turning to face me questioningly.

I tug my wrist out of her hold and shrug. "I don't know. I was passing by and heard you talking. And no one was responding to you. Are you talking to yourself, Black Sheep?"

"Yes. It's quite the stress reliever. You should try it sometime," Black Sheep replied coolly.

I roll my eyes and crossly stare at her.

We hold each other's glare for what felt like eternity- until I burst into a fit of laughter. I grinned and my chest heaved in a spasm of chuckles.

"What's so funny?" Black Sheep narrowed her bushy eyebrows at me in momentary perplexion, and I bite down on my lip, truly feeling the pressure of my social awkwardness with me now.

"Sorry, it's just weird you know- okay, you know what, I'll just be on my way," I gesture towards the door and walk out, feeling Black Sheep's hot stare following me out the door.