CHAPTER NINE

"What do you mean?" I quietly ask, feeling every single one of my suspicions being confirmed. She was hiding something from me. I knew it. Only I didn't know how big it was.

I clutch a folded end of my shirt in my fist as I desperately hope that she didn't keep any extremely important information away from my knowledge.

We were very close; like sisters, practically.

And yet she didn't tell me everything.

Well, we may have never sat each other down and declared our life stories, but any essential things like what she seemed to be withholding from me now, shouldn't have to be kept inside.

"I need to go on the mission they sent Grey on," she whispered.

"You mean Crackle?" I verify, using his code name.

"Yeah," Black Sheep responded, shuffling her feet around on the floor, her expression hardening with a bitter smile. "I have a plan that will get me to graduation. You too, if we're successful."

I pretend to perk my ears up in enthusiasm when really I could care more about getting out of VILE Academy. Actually, the more time I get to spend on this island, the happier I would be.

But I know Black Sheep is different. She wants to explore the entire world and this island will never be enough to satisfy that growing craving of curiosity that stabbed at her guts.

She wanted to learn about all the different cultures and countries, traditions and people. VILE could never teach everything there was to know about the world from the limited dry textbooks written from a single perspective solely as well as a map or two, and a globe.

Black Sheep wanted to see the world for herself but the only way she could leave the isle was if she completed the courses here and graduated under the VILE leaders' permissions. "Parrot? Are you with me?" she asked me after she explained the entire plan step by step.

I stared agape at her, my jaw slack with surprise. "You can't be serious. You intend to carry this out?"

She gave a nod of affirmation.

I drag my hand over my chin and pull my jaw back up. "All right, bet. I'm in," I say with no further hesitation.

"Wait really?" Black Sheep asked me, narrowing her eyes.

I usually calculate my next moves with various extensions of analysis and caution before going through with them. However, now I simply agreed right off the bat. I was appalled by my strange behavior as well, and I realize that even the most seemingly predictable persons cannot be fully expected to follow through their expectations.

That was a lesson Black Sheep and I had learned many moons ago at Shadowsan's lesson before, when our friendship had just been budding.

I grimly eye the resting plane still parked outside of the building and realize this entire system was a repeating loop. Our start was the same as the end of this current.

______

A/N: Hi! This is the first author's note for this fic LOL. Anyways, thank you so much for reading this far, and I hope you're enjoying this fic! :D