CHAPTER SEVEN

Black Sheep was a very fast learner. I figured that out after a few of our extracurricular sessions that always happened at the end of the school day.

I rigorously tap the stick against the wall. "Focus," I tell her curtly.

Now, Black Sheep and I had a strange but mesmerizing past. Her first impression of me had to be when I spied on her and followed her into her dorm quarters, which I confess to this day was a very bad mistake. At first, when Black Sheep first requested the teaching I would soon conduct upon her, she simply wanted to learn the moves I pulled on her in Shadowsan's class; she was so advanced that hardly anyone in the same level as her could even be compatible in a fight.

So, naturally, when I came up with my flawless skills (okay, perhaps not flawless, to be honest, but my fighting skills are pretty on point!) she was immediately hooked and we made a deal.

However, she soon found there was much to learn and that my experiences were very diverse from what VILE typically taught. VILE tended to tone it down because of the fact that the students attending had no clue about the real intentions of this organization.

Later on, when they'd be entrusted to that secret, they would learn more graded material. I slide my stick over the concrete and push it into Black Sheep's leg. "Hey."

Black Sheep snapped her head back and laughed a little at the prodding movement of the cane I was inducing. "What is it, Parrot?"

"Might I ask the same question of you?" I inquire coolly. "You've been distracted all afternoon, Black Sheep. I'm curious as to what's keeping your mind at bay?"

She bit down on her lip hesitatingly. "It's nothing," she said wistfully, running a hand through her dark unruly hair and smiling at me. "Now about those moves you were going to teach me?"

We had a strange relationship, Black Sheep and I. We were friends of a sort- we relied upon each other for our grades, we taught each other everything we learned and made a type of sequence that we would daily demonstrate that on each other.

VILE was all for promoting self independence, and they would have hated to know that two students had created a small secret alliance with one another during their education here.

For us, on the other hand, it had been very useful.

Now it was roughly a year after we first met and we couldn't be closer.

Yet I still always received the strange feeling that Black Sheep, my allied opponent and best friend- was hiding something from me.