CHAPTER 1

"So that went better than I expected," Kiara said to Sarah as they were walking to Sarah's car parked outside the Wreck. The boys had run out several minutes earlier, talking about needing to go fishing on time which Kiara and Sarah just shook their heads at.
"Were you expecting it to go worse?" Sarah inquired, peering over at her friend. Kiara hummed, in somewhat of agreement and uncertainty.
"Who knows. They haven't had the best experience with Kooks before, so I wasn't sure how they'd react to you," Kiara said, "Miss Kook princess." She added teasingly.
"Shut up," Sarah laughed.

When Sarah noticed John B cleaning around the boat the next day, she decided it would be fitting to try to talk to him.
"Hi, John B," she called to him from the corner of the dock. Sarah was taken aback when he turned around and was sporting a black eye and a couple of bruises. He turned away a little, as if to hide it, when he saw her.
"Hey."
"Are you okay? That eye looks pretty gnarly," she decided to play it cool, not wanting to overwhelm the boy she had just met.
"Yeah, I'm fine." He said turning to her, completely exposed now. "What brings you out here, Princess." Sarah rolled her eyes.
"Would you stop calling me that." John B continued to work in response. "So what happened to your eye?"
"You're asshat of a boyfriend happened." He grumbled. Sarah was shocked. Since when did Topper and John B interact? Topper was a sore subject to Sarah. She didn't love him, she knew that. In fact, she was quite repulsed by him. His name dragged all the Kookiness of the island that she so desperately hated. Something Sarah hadn't told anyone, including Kiara, was that her and Topper had broken up a week earlier. At least, personally they broke up. For the rest of the public eye, they agreed to remain a couple, for the sake of their families. She had stayed with him for so long mostly because that's what Ward wanted. And if she was being honest, there was a point in time when she had been infatuated with him and the idea of having a perfect boyfriend. That was before Sarah discovered that Topper was far from perfect. Not to say that anyone was perfect. They weren't and Sarah knew that best. He often said rude things to her, he hated Kiara, he manhandled her, and he could not get over his hatred for all Pogues. So, they held a public romance to keep up with the expectations that came along with being a Cameron and a Thornton. She was encompassed by the curse of being a Cameron even though she wanted to escape it.
"Topper did that?"
"Do you have multiple boyfriends?" John B said annoyed.
"When did that happen?" she ignored him.
"After we saw you at the Wreck, in the middle of the marsh. Told us Pogues need to keep out of Kook territory." Sarah saw a hint of hate in John B's eyes, maybe even some directed at her and her affiliation with Topper. "Your brother too," He said before going to the edge of the boat and jumping into the smaller one he had come on.
"Wait. Let me get you ice." She felt guilty.
"I don't need ice." And the boat sputtered off into the distance as Sarah watched. Maybe the meeting had not gone as well as Kiara had thought.

"Where were you yesterday?" Sarah spat at Topper when he came over with her brother later that day.
"Kelce's. Why?" He wore no black eyes or bruises, neither did Rafe.
"John B had bruises all over his face." She crossed her arms.
"Why were you with John B?" Topper growled.
"He works on the boat, do you want me to ignore him?" She scoffed. Topper laughed evilly.
"Yes? He's Pogue trash."
"Don't say that, Topper."
"What is it with you fascination with the lower class?" Topper exploded, he had reached out and grabbed her wrist, holding it in a tight hold. "Your best friend is basically a Pogue and now you're hanging out with her and her low class friends? It's embarrassing."
"You do not get to tell me what is embarrassing when you beat people up," She stated, "Get out."
"I wasn't here to see you anyways." He said before passing her, hitting her shoulder as he went, and making his way towards Rafe's room. He shot a glare at her over his shoulder when he reached the top of the stairs.
"Fuck you, Topper!"

sorry i haven't updated in awhile. I've been super super busy. Anyways I didn't even mean to post this one yet. i was still gonna add more but since i did i guess we'll just go with it :) Lol. I'll make sure to try to be more consistent soon.