CHAPTER 5

Hi guys. Long time no update. I'm finally getting back to this story since I have a little more time on my hands now. I hope you guys enjoy this lovey dovey honeymoon stage because there will be lots of drama in the future.... 

"Where were you yesterday, young lady?" Ward asked when Sarah had made her way back home at around 2 in the afternoon. Her and John B had eaten together and talked on the porch of the Chateau for awhile, basking in their new relationship. Sarah had been so caught up in John B that she failed to remember her father would not be happy with her not coming home the right before.

"Kiara's house. Sorry I forgot to tell you," He gave her a disbelieving look. "We fell asleep right after Midsommers," she added, "wearing heels drains you," she lied. She gave him a pouty look, she knew he would let her go.

"Okay fine. Just tell me next time okay." He sighed.

"I will, Daddy." She said before bounding up the stairs to her room. The events of the day before were barely sinking in now. Her and John B had kissed, fallen asleep next to each other, and decided that they would try a relationship and that was enough to let her drift into a happy slumber.

---

Sarah heard a repetitive male voice as she slept.

"Hello. Hello. Hello. Wake up. My god." Finally it was enough noise to wake her up. She opened her eyes to find the last person she was expecting.

"Final-fucking-ly" JJ said from next to her bed.

"JJ? How did you get in here?" She asked as she sat up suddenly.

"Kiara showed me through your window. Hurry up we have places to be." He said as he clapped his hands.

She looked around the room, taking more interest outside her window, which was completely black. She must have slept for a while. JJ was already at her other window, towards the house's driveway, one leg over the ledge.

"You know you can just go through the door right?" she mumbled in his direction as she got out of bed and put shoes on.

"That's not Pogue style," he whispered. "And plus your dad would probably kill me if he caught me in here."

"Whatever, I'll meet you outside."

She dragged her feet through the grass at the front of her house, making her way towards where she knew JJ would be waiting.

"What the fuck, Pope? She heard Kiara's hushed voice. As she made her way around the corner, she was met with the sight of the Twinkie parked on her lawn rather than on her driveway.

"Ummmmm." she said when she reached them.

"Yeah I know Pope doesn't know how to fucking drive," JJ said from the back of the van, "You can get shotgun, princess." She spotted John B sitting in the driver's seat, seemingly waiting for Kiara to get in the car so he could back up off the lawn.

"Howdy, partner," she said with a smile when she opened the passenger door to the van. John B turned suddenly before grinning at her.

"Howdy!" She pecked him on the lips quickly, enjoying the way her heart skipped a beat, before Kiara slammed the back door of the van closed.

"Step on it, John B," she yelled into the front.

"Alright alright." John B looked back before backing up, the van jolting a little as it lifted off of the grass and landed on solid ground.

"You guys really wanna do all the damage to my yard, huh?" Sarah joked from her seat.

"Sorry, Sarah," she heard Pope say. She waved him off.

"It's okay. Anyways, you guys kidnapped me in the middle of the night, so where are we going?"

"We are heading," John B said with a wave of his hand, "to our secret spot." He said with a grin over his shoulder at her.

"Aka, they think you are ready to become an honorary Pogue," Kiara said.

"Wow, an honorary Pogue huh? I'm honored. And shocked."

"You should be, I was against it," JJ called from the back. "They let anyone in these days."

"Oh shut up, JJ, you were the first person to agree after John B said it." Pope called.

"You guys are stupid," John B said as they made their way into the night.

It took them all of 20 minutes to reach their destination, which was not anything like the Pogues had described. John B parked the twinkie in an empty parking lot before opening to the door for Sarah where she was then led through a series of old tree branches until they stopped at what looked like a small camping ground with an old tower nearby.

"Welcome to Via Del Pogue," JJ said with his hands in the air. She took it all in. It was runned down and looked like it was on the verge of falling apart, but there was a sort of magic in the air. With the way the moonlight shone on the ocean in the distance, the tower overlooking it, and a cozy place with logs and chairs just below it.

"C'mon." John B's voice brought her out of her daze, his hand reaching for hers and pulling her towards the tower, the rest of the Pogues following. "If you go to the top, you can practically see all the stars in the Outer Banks," he whispered in her ear. The rest of the Pogues had stopped and sat in chairs below the tower while the two of them bade their way up the ladder that brought them to the top of the tower.

"It's an old lifeguard stand," John B explained, "This used to be a beach before the trees overgrown it after a hurricane." He led her behind the main structure of the lifeguard stand where another ladder stood so that one could reach the very top of the tower. She gave him a worried look.

"Don't worry. This is a brand new ladder. Pope fell off the original one that was here." She giggled at the story before heading up the ladder, being met with blankets at the top.

"In case it gets cold." he said from behind her as he moved to lay down on top of the blankets. She lay next to him, her head resting on top of his arm that was wrapped around her as he pointed to the sky.

"There's the North Star." She grinned. Her father had taught her all about the stars.

"What everything else spins around."

"Exactly, me and Pope have been trying to explain it JJ for the last 5 years and he still doesn't get it." She laughed into his neck, feeling warmed by the feeling of him so close to her.

"Sorry if you think this is lame. I know it kinda is but we've been coming here since we were little and when it shut down it was like the perfect hideout from everything." His whispered voice was laced with insecurity.

"It's not lame," she said, her hand skimming his jaw, "if it means something to you, or any of them, then it does to me too. So no, it's not lame." She said before planting a kiss on his cheek. She noticed him release a breath of relief and wondered what had made him so guarded. "You don't have to ever feel afraid of showing me something," she added. He turned towards her, soft smile on his face.

"Okay," he whispered, nose nuzzling hers.

She was suddenly overwhelmed (in a good way) with this new deep feeling for John B. Topper didn't, and had never, made her stomach flip or made her head buzz but John B had done just that by simply rubbing his nose against hers. When she was younger, before she realized Topper was not the one for her, she made herself believe that Topper was what loving someone and being loved by someone felt like. Now, as she was wrapped in John B's arms, looking at the stars above them, she realized that this was the closest she had ever been to that.