CHAPTER 2

"I take it something bad happened," Kiara said as she closed the door to Sarah's room. Sarah rolled her eyes.

"Yes, something bad happened."

"Well are you gonna tell me?" Sarah thought about telling her the truth. Who would she tell? Kiara was one of the only people Sarah could trust.

"Topper and I broke up," she blurted. Kiara froze, a little shocked.

"Um. Are you ok? Not that I'm against you guys breaking up because he is an absolute douche but-"

"We broke up a while back, Kie," Sarah interrupted.

"What? And you didn't tell me?" she frowned then her eyebrows furrowed together as she seemed to put two and two together, "I saw you guys holding hands like two days ago, how could you have broken up?"

"We broke up but we are together in front of our families. You know how they have this whole idea that me and Topper will get married."

"So you guys are fake together."

"Yes."

"And you didn't tell me." Sarah sighed.

"Kie I didn't tell anyone ok? I'm sorry"

"I just thought we told each other everything and this is pretty big."

"I know I know I'm sorry I was just stressed about it. It slipped my mind."

"Ok. Fine." Kiara said, her arms crossed.

"You're mad."

"I'm not mad. I'm glad you guys are over. He's a total tool in case you didn't know."

"Believe me, I know."

"So what are you sad about then?" Sarah sighed at the depth of the question. There were a lot of things bothering her. So much so that maybe she couldn't pin point each one exactly.

"I don't know. I just," she paused. collecting her thoughts, "I'm tired of it all you know? I'm tired of pretending to be in love with someone who frankly I could care less about and playing this role."

"Sounds like you need to find yourself."

"Ya I do." Kiara grabbed her hand.

"Well c'mon then. Let's go detoxicate."

"How?"

"Pancakes from Korbies of course!" Kiara said enthusiastically. Korbies was a diner a short ways outside of Figure 8 where the two often made late night runs to.

----------

"You didn't tell me all of them would be here," Sarah whispered to Kiara when she caught sight of all of the Pogue boys at a booth.

"Didn't exactly want to scare you away," Kiara whispered back. "C'mon, let's go." She said as she grabbed her hand and dragged her to the booth.

The boys grinned when they spotted the girls. All of them had a bruise here and there which only made Sarah feel guiltier.

"Hello, asshats," Kiara said to them.

"Hello, senoritas," JJ said as he waved a welcoming hand to beckon them into the booth.

"You guys look like a gang of lost puppies at the pound," Kiara snorted when they had sat down.

"We were beat," John B pouted. He glanced at Sarah who was sitting next to him and gave her a small smile, a large change from how he behaved with her earlier on the boat. Sarah returned a smile as Kiara, Pope, and JJ began chatting.