Chapter Twenty-Seven🥀

The next morning I had gained all of my strength back

The next morning I had gained all of my strength back. Hershel cleared me with a smile saying that the medicine had done its job. I walked with him out to the courtyard when Daryl and Tyreese pulled up.

They began talking about how Glenn was doing. Last night was awful for him as he reached the peak of the illness, almost losing his life if Maggie and Hershel hadn't had gotten to him when they did.

"How about Carol? She in A block with Lizzie?" Daryl asked as Hershel went to walk away. Maggie and Bob where in A block so he could take a breather.

Hershel pushes the subject away telling Daryl that Carol wasn't in the cell block with Lizzie, but that she was okay. He kept telling him that he needed to talk to Rick about it before finally walking away.

Daryl and I shared a confused look before we started walking to find Rick. "So about last night?" I started, awkwardly. "I didn't mean to upset you or anything by calling you dad. I just couldn't stop myself after what happened."

He turned his head to look at me as we walked down the gravel path. "I didn't say it upset me."

"You didn't really say anything at all." I remarked giving him a smile.

He shrugged his shoulders and grunted in his usual way. "Didn't bother me. I'm just glad you're better."

I smiled at him as we continued to walk in a comfortable silence. Rick and Carl came into view in the fields. I didn't waste any time running over and jumping onto Carl's back making him nearly fall over.

"Miss me, Blue Eyes?" I asked in his ear. He quickly dropped me on my feet and turned around, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"You're okay!" He exclaimed into my neck where he had laid his face. "God, I missed you!"

I laughed at him before pulling away with a smile. I turned to Rick and gave him a hug too.

"I heard you had a rough night." He said as I pulled away.

I nodded as I understood what he meant. "Alex and I jumped in as quickly as we could. If I had known about Glenn, I would have put my attention on him first." I explained.

He nodded in understanding. "It's okay. You did good." He said before going over to Daryl. The two of them whispered to each other a bit before Rick led Daryl up to the cell block to talk.

I turned back to Carl with a small smile. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and pulled me close with a smile on his face. I wrapped my arms around his waist and held him close, missing the comfort I had always gotten from his hugs.

"Are you okay?" He mumbled into my hair, which I nodded to. He pulled back to look at my face. He stared at me for a moment before speaking again. "I'm sorry I left so quickly."

"It's fine. Your dad needed you." I stated, "Besides, after our talk I was able to clear my head a lot before everything that happened."

"Come on." He said, grabbing my hand. "Let's go inside and we can talk. Plus you need to eat and I have something for you."