Chapter 3 (edited)

Humans throughout the centuries spoke of how Lucifer descended from the heavens. The brightest of all angels and God's favorite. In many religions it was a popular topic of how the mighty have fallen. 

   Actually, in the spirit world that scandalous topic became the story of Lee Yeon which was centuries old and a legend between the gumihos. The story of how the great mountain spirit abused his power and fell from greatness. Just like many wars that have been waged, Lee Yeon fell for his love of one woman. 

   A woman named Sun Hee.

  If he could go back to the beginning eons ago, he would. He would go back and stop it. Stop her little self coming to his forest and befriending him. Erase ever knowing her and ever seeing her grow up into a beautiful woman he fell in love with. But Sun Hee had a hard life, coming from an abusive household so Lee Yeon became her bright light in a dark tunnel.

   "You brat... Get away from me. Go back to your mother or something."- He warned the little girl for the thousandth time but she wouldn't budge. Sun Hee only giggled looking up at him with those eyes that turned into crescent moons whenever she smiled.

  "But Gumiho-ahjussi, I told you we met on purpose. Mom says whenever you meet someone like that, your stars align."

    So it was, after that he gained a life long friend and later on a love like no other. There were breaks in between when they didn't see one another. For some period of time, she was sent away to her grandmother's village and so he got back his monotone life in the mountains. Training Lee Rang and taking care of his mansion became such boring activities without the little girl around. 

    Though when she did return, Sun Hee was no little girl anymore. The once childish features faded and over time their friendly connection transformed into something more profound... It didn't take a lot to recognize her as his mate and it was inevitable ever since her scent started invading all of his senses. When she was in question, a mountain deity like him suddenly was helpless. 

     However, as she grew into an adult so did the problems in her household.

  "Yeon... My father wants to marry me off..."

   That day she sought him out in her sobbing state. Those words enraged him. They wanted to take her away from him and the great mountain spirit he was- Lee Yeon would never let that happen. Although, it was looked down upon and Sun Hee might never return to her previous life, he intended on taking her as his mate. 

    His calloused hands brushed away the tears on the soft skin of her cheeks.

  "I won't let it happen."

  "How?"

  "Marry me and become my mate."

   A long pause followed after his proposal, so long that he feared she might turn it down. He waited patiently for her to take in the possibility of leading an immortal life next to him. Fox spirits mated for life and even after death the bond continued on and transcended many lifetimes.

   Then she nodded and gave him the happiest smiles he ever witnessed on her face. That moment he couldn't control himself anymore. Lee Yeon kissed her lips hungrily as if it was the last moment. No more words needed to be said, that kiss spoke on its own.

   What followed after that was their blissful life. Lee Yeon couldn't get enough of his wife, of their conversations, games, laughter. He couldn't get enough of the feel of her naked body under his. He made love to her, afraid that everyday it would be the last time. Lee Yeon knew every inch of her body. What made her moan in pleasure, gasp and writhe under him. He also knew her heart. What made her laugh, cry, smile, angry... Every day there was something new he learned about her.